"Trip from Stuivekenskerke" Westvleteren by JosM
Westvleteren Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 116 photos
Westvleteren, hidden deeply in the region of Bachten de Kuppe, in the Belgian Westhoek (West Corner) of Belgium. Located in this quiet and peacefull area, the abbey of St-Sixtus produces the finest Trappist beers of the world. The Trappist monks are not in teaching, nor in healthcare or preaching outside their monastery, and thus they have to gain money for their living by producing and selling goods to the outside world. For this purpose they produce the famous trappist beer and 2 different cheeses.
Wooden schulpture of the Holy Mother in the Claustrum.
- Pros:Well hidden, peacefull place
- Cons:Hard to find
- In a nutshell:Hardly any contact with today's rushing world
Genuine trappist beer, brewed in the abbey of St-Sixtus. 10.6 % Vol. alcohol. The strongest British and Belgian ales are... more travel advice
Genuine Trappist, blonde. Brewed in the abbey of St-Sixtus. 5.5 % Vol. alcohol. For more info about beer: check the... more travel advice
JosM's Related Pages
Westvleteren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oh Holy Beer"
- "Buy some Westvleteren and you will return here..."
- "Monastery Our Lady of Saint Sixtus- Westvleteren"
- "Trip from Stuivekenskerke"
- "Westvleteren - Home of a famous beer"
- "Flanders countryside with assets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Westvleteren
- Hotels in Westvleteren
- Transportation in Westvleteren
- Restaurants in Westvleteren
- Shopping in Westvleteren
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westvleteren
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Westvleteren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westvleteren
- updated a Westvleteren Travel Page "Trip from Stuivekenskerke"
- Posted in Travel Brussels Forum "Re: looking for an accommodation..."
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Westvleteren travel pages
- Wrote a Review Westvleteren brown Barley wine in Westvleteren Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Westvleteren brown Barley wine"
Photos in WestvleterenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Aarschot Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Gerolstein Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basse-Nendaz Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mittersill Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bastogne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoegaarden Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue