"Welcome to my hometown, Aarschot" JosM's Profile
I live in Aarschot, a small city 35 km east of Brussels, in the Hageland region of the province of Vlaams-Brabant, that has a vivid cultural offer. The township has suffered a lot from both worldwars, so much of the architectural heritage has been destroyed. But visitors will be pleased when they see the medieval Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-kerk (Our-Lady's-Church) and the remains of the beguinage near this main church. The center of Aarschot has many pubs and restaurants, moderately priced compared to larger cities like Brussels or Antwerp. The most famous (and exquisite and priced) restaurant is the Gouden Muts, also in the vincinity of the main church.
You may find more info about Aarschot in my travel pages.
Nor my wife nor I love big cities very much (to crowdy, polluted...) thus most of my pages are showing lesser known villages and regions.
My travelogues will show (prejudiced, I know) places which will not be found in common touristic guides.
On my USA pages, you can find extensive travelogues for my 1995 and 2000 journeys in the northern states.
All the pictures on my pages were made by either myself, my brother Wim or his wife Lea, or by my wife Ann.
This statue is standing in front of the Cultural center (several theater
accomodations, exhibition rooms and a cafetaria - very cheap: 1 euro/dollar for a beer or a coke).
Until the eighties it was a hospital for the elderly. But a few years after the
hospital closed down, it was acquired by the city and renovated into a temple of performing arts.
The statue was sculpturered by Roland Rens (°Oct 3rd, 1952 - +April 3rd, 2007) and serves as an icon for the Center.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 299 Reviews
- 558 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- JosM and jedd43 are now friends.
- Commented on nicoleken's profile page
- Posted in Travel Brussels Forum "Re: looking for an accommodation..."
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "Big country, nice people"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my hometown, Aarschot"
- Wrote a Review Luxury hotel in Aarschot Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jar beer"
Top 10 Pages
- Aarschot Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Gerolstein Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basse-Nendaz Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mittersill Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bastogne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoegaarden Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos