"The Barossa's other cousin" McLaren Vale by aberacadabra
McLaren Vale Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 52 photos
The McLaren Vale is situated south of Adelaide and receives less visitors compared to the world famous Barossa Valley. Nevertheless, some great wineries and excellent restaurants could be found here. The cellardoors at the established vineyards and those owned by Southcorp Ltd tend to be the most visited ones. Most wineries stock one or two releases that could not be found at wine merchants but only at the cellardoor. That way, it keeps the crowd coming. At cellardoors, you can sample the range of wines. But remember that in Australia, a blood alcohol level of above 0.05 is a criminal offence (driving under the influence). Breathliser tests are routinely carried out on roads leading back to Adelaide especially during weekends.
- Pros:Sampling great wines at almost no cost!, great food and local produce.
- Cons:None really
- In a nutshell:I survived the McLaren Vale.
After too much wine tasting, what could be better to end the day with a nice cup of cappucino and some chocolates for... more travel advice
Another popular wine labeland vineyard is d'Arenberg's or simply d'Arry. It's cellar door and restaurant is in a 19th... more travel advice
aberacadabra's Related Pages
McLaren Vale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Barossa's other cousin"
- "McLAREN VALE"
- "Heaven in a bottle"
- "McLaren Vale - South Australia Wine Region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in McLaren Vale
- Restaurants in McLaren Vale
- Warnings and Dangers in McLaren Vale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in McLaren Vale
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to McLaren Vale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in McLaren Vale
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hua Hin Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Victor Harbour Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Adelaide Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Siem Reap Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Penang Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- McLaren Vale Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.