"South Australia's Gold Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Victor Harbour by aberacadabra
Victor Harbour Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 120 photos
Australians love the beach. No matter how cold it is, or how unrelentless the summer heatwave is, there is always a reason to head to the beach. In fact, this former whaling town used to pull in the crowds for more than a hundred years. The causeway to Granite Island was built with its own horse powered tramline to and from the island for leisure seekers.
For regional SA, I'd say that house prices here are expensive especially within Victor Harbor (yes it's spelt Har-bor, the American way) itself. Many modernesque units are being built near the waterfront which can command a hefty price. After all, who doesn't love living in a pleasant little town like Victor Harbor.
- Pros:Not to far a drive from Adelaide, Whale watching
- Cons:Cold in winter, erratic penguin numbers compared to other penguin colonies
Not all the beaches are swimming beaches, some are just to rocky. But you'd see signs indicating which are swimmable. more travel advice
Granite Island has a little penguin colony and they are the same birds that populate Philip Island in Victoria. I have... more travel advice
aberacadabra's Related Pages
Victor Harbour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Victor Harbour...."
- "HOLIDAY BESIDE THE SEASIDE"
- "Victor Harbour"
- "South Australia's Gold Coast"
- "A beautiful Part of Australia."
- "Victor Harbor - I will be updating"
- "Victor Harbor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victor Harbour
- Hotels in Victor Harbour
- Transportation in Victor Harbour
- Nightlife in Victor Harbour
- Restaurants in Victor Harbour
- Warnings and Dangers in Victor Harbour
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victor Harbour
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Victor Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victor Harbour
Photos in Victor HarbourSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hua Hin Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victor Harbour Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Adelaide Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Siem Reap Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Penang Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- McLaren Vale Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.