"Pearl of the Orient" Penang by aberacadabra
Penang Travel Guide: 2,486 reviews and 5,374 photos
The only reason why local holidaymakers head up to Penang is, not for the local beach, history, or scenery; but for food. This little island has the honorable reputation for the best Malaysian food in Malaysia. It is also architecturally well endowed with old colonial houses, ancient mosques and ornate chinese clan houses. Add a variety of interesting Buddhist temples (think Bangkok) with an equally exasperating traffic snarl and you get the picture of what this quaint island is like. Penang gets quite crowded during the local school holidays, and with consideration of the perpetually bad traffic, the best time to visit is anytime when there are no public holidays.
- Pros:Food, old colonial architecture and everything else that KL lacks
- Cons:Traffic...I can't overly emphasise that.
No visit to Penang is coplete without paying Kek Lok Si a visit. The recently completed bronze statue of the chinese... more travel advice
Within the Ubosot which means "ordination hall" in the Thai language lies the reclining Buddha, a comparable image to... more travel advice
aberacadabra's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hua Hin Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Victor Harbour Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Adelaide Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Siem Reap Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Penang Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- McLaren Vale Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.