"The Pinatubo Adventure. Baw." Province of Tarlac by danaiskra
Province of Tarlac Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 379 photos
This is the goal.
City-sleekers, brace yourselves (especially those who don't get enough exercise).
Almost exactly a year after we first went here, we came back. This time with VT friend Barbie, and her friend Pebbles, some of my officemates and a new Japanese friend along the way,Shinya (I hope I spelled his name right).
The place is as gorgeous as it was. A lot of major changes though... From what it looks like, the locals are planning to make the trek a lot easier and accessible to more people. Some itty-bitty parts are being cemented. On the viewdeck, the stones are lined up on the edge of the cliff, cemented as where there only used to be a bamboo fence. More huts are in place, and a stair-walkway has been established on the viewdeck.
Now, I don't know if this a good or a bad thing. For sure, more people will come, and that usually means pollution, vandalism and exploitation. Hopefully though, the locals will keep it in control.
This trip is really worth taking. For mountaineers and mountaneer-wannabes (like me).
We went on a day trip to Pinatubo. Left Manila @3am, reached Tarlac @7am (we had a lengthy stop-over), rode the 4x4, trekked to the crater, reached the crater @past 11.
Visit my travelogue for more details. Ü
We took our lunch by the crater. Then took a dip in the water. The blue-green water was cool and deep, perfect for our calloused feet and sun-pricked skin.
- Pros:The lake and the landscape was amazing.
- Cons:The trek was hell to my legs.
- In a nutshell:A trip worth taking - Hurry while supplies last!
Upon getting back to the town proper from the exhausting climb, you may want to consider this relaxing activity. Get a... more travel advice
Rubber sandals or hiking shoes Light clothes You may want to consider bringing a raincoat as well if it's a bit... more travel advice
danaiskra's Related Pages
Province of Tarlac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visiting Tarlac"
- "The Pinatubo Adventure. Baw."
- "Be Entertained at Isdaan Floating Restaurant"
- "Mount Pinatubo Adventure Trek"
- "A Peek at Crow Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Tarlac
- Hotels in Province of Tarlac
- Transportation in Province of Tarlac
- Restaurants in Province of Tarlac
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Tarlac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Tarlac
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Province of Tarlac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Tarlac
- updated a Province of Tarlac Travel Page "The Pinatubo Adventure. Baw."
- Posted in Travel Province of Bataan Forum "pawikan festival"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting There"
- Wrote a Review Pinatubo Spa Town in Province of Tarlac Things to Do
- Commented on one of danaiskra's Province of Tarlac travel pages
Photos in Province of TarlacSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Province of Tarlac Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Zambales Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Province of Camarines Norte Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 3 photos
- Manila Intro, 2 photos
- El Nido Intro, 2 photos
- Bohol 1 review