"Hiking Up Mt Anawangin Down to the Cove" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Zambales by danaiskra

Province of Zambales Travel Guide: 559 reviews and 2,261 photos

View from the Top

It was a 4 hour hike to the beach. We started the trek from Pundaquit at around 5 am.

The conspicuous pyramid

I was very anxious about the trip because I was the organizer. I was hiking with fellow office dwellers, thus none of us are really experienced outdoormen. Plus, the fact that there were several reports of death here last year really bothered me, but at the same time, this added to the mystique of the place.

Just look at that creepy pyramid mountain... Doesn't that make you think that this paradise may be haunted with ancient hoola-balus?

This is just beautiful...

After a long grueling hike from the mountain, this view refreshes the spirit. A marsh lined by overlooking pine trees.

And did I mention he weather? The weather was just perfect. Enough sun, but not too much... My whole week's worth of prayers were heard..

• Pros:beautiful, nude beach with nothing but sand, sun and campers
  • Cons:haggling with locals
  • In a nutshell:Best Beach Nominee
  • Last visit to Province of Zambales: Jan 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2009

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 9:52 PM

lol--- carabao poop, Dana!! Hahaha...I did step on it once...Zambales is such a beautiful place! Very nice tips and thanks for sharing, Greetings from AZ, Norman :)

danaiskra

“keep walking”

Badges & Stats in Province of Zambales

Have you been to Province of Zambales?

Latest Activity in Province of Zambales