"Scenic Corregidor" Corregidor Island by danaiskra
Corregidor Island Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 910 photos
Corregidor boasts of great historical significance to the Philippines. This was one of, if not the most prominent battle grounds wherein thousands of Japanese, American and Filipino soldiers shed blood during the World War II. What remains now are mostly ruins of once mighty military barracks, hospitals, and batteries. Along with these sights are memorial grounds for soldiers who fought for either their countries' freedom or supremacy.
Tourism in Corregidor aims to widen international understanding of filipinos and foreign visitors of the role of the island during the WWII. The ruins symbolize the impact of the war to the entire nation.. Manila was a beautiful city and was at its best (in my opinion) before the war. Sadly, its splendor was never replenished after, as it plunged to a third-world status... :(
danaiskra's Related Pages
Corregidor Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corregidor - Island of Bravery and Honour"
- "The Rock"
- "Corregidor: Fortress of Freedom"
- "Corregidor Island"
- "CORREGIDOR ISLAND"
- "Corregidor, Bastion of Freedom Fighters"
- "CORREGIDOR: THE LAST REFUGE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corregidor Island
- Hotels in Corregidor Island
- Transportation in Corregidor Island
- Nightlife in Corregidor Island
- Restaurants in Corregidor Island
- Shopping in Corregidor Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Corregidor Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corregidor Island
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Corregidor Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corregidor Island
Photos in Corregidor IslandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Province of Tarlac Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Zambales Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Province of Camarines Norte Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 3 photos
- Manila Intro, 2 photos
- El Nido Intro, 2 photos
- Puerto Galera 1 review