"Time Travel in Tuscany" Florence by vivalasteph

Florence Travel Guide: 5,034 reviews and 11,002 photos

Birthplace of the Renaissance

This is a stunning city, with beautiful piazzas, kind people, and a preserved history that surrounds you.

The captivating thing about Florence is that the city itself is the attraction. No where else I've been is a such living museum, with sculptures, villas, carved reliefs, and frescoes covering nearly every inch.

When you take into account the disastrous flood of 1966 and the damage that occurred, it makes the Florence of today even more spectacular. This town that gave birth to the Renaissance proved to be loved not only by its natives, but by the rest of the world, as thousands flocked to the city to save its treasures.

Florence is timeless, and the Ponte Vecchio provides a perfect backdrop to your Florentine dream. I was thrilled when I got my pictures developed to see this one of Sabine on the famous bridge. I think it captures not only the beauty of the city, but takes you back in time, and that is Florence.

• Pros:architecture, food, and wine
  • Cons:absolutely none
  • In a nutshell:perfectly fulfilling in every way
  • Last visit to Florence: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2004

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Happy Birthday.... I owe you a spanking.....

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 9:36 AM

I love the Duomo's reflection pic. Still have to built my own page :((

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 1:43 AM

Hi, you are lucky you could be there:)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2004 at 6:11 AM

Italy's still on my wish list, despite visiting Paris & Beijing in the meantime, but boy one day soon I have to get here. Thanks for the tips for when I do make it.

• bigblue's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2004 at 11:14 AM

Hello Stephanie,I think Firenze is the best cultural in the world. I have been there many years ago. Regards,kostas

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2004 at 1:28 PM

I remember we had florence flasks in chem class... I think they were use to hold wine....we used them for sulphuric acid :o))

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2004 at 5:58 PM

Whew! I was able to rate that before I got kicked off! Great page, though I imagine and I bet you can confirm, shopping in Florence doesn't compare with the Lycoming Mall, right?

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 4:48 AM

You have lots of pictures of BACK ALLEYS..... Did you see any clinics there? I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as a back alley clinic anymore.

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for another fab accommodations tip! Will file that one away for an Italian-day. (can't wait for an excuse to go!!)

• neilward's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2004 at 8:56 AM

Tears welled up in my eyes.... you old romantic you,or was it the thought of walking up the hill !!!!!!!

vivalasteph

“Help! Help! I'm being repressed.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence