"Time Travel in Tuscany" Florence by vivalasteph
Florence Travel Guide: 5,214 reviews and 11,710 photos
This is a stunning city, with beautiful piazzas, kind people, and a preserved history that surrounds you.
The captivating thing about Florence is that the city itself is the attraction. No where else I've been is a such living museum, with sculptures, villas, carved reliefs, and frescoes covering nearly every inch.
When you take into account the disastrous flood of 1966 and the damage that occurred, it makes the Florence of today even more spectacular. This town that gave birth to the Renaissance proved to be loved not only by its natives, but by the rest of the world, as thousands flocked to the city to save its treasures.
Florence is timeless, and the Ponte Vecchio provides a perfect backdrop to your Florentine dream. I was thrilled when I got my pictures developed to see this one of Sabine on the famous bridge. I think it captures not only the beauty of the city, but takes you back in time, and that is Florence.
- Pros:architecture, food, and wine
- Cons:absolutely none
- In a nutshell:perfectly fulfilling in every way
This small shop near Santa Croce has many styles and colors of leather coats, bags, and scarves and other accessories.... more travel advice
The tour of this beautiful church is worth the time, and you won't have the crowds of the Duomo. Giotto's frescoes,... more travel advice
vivalasteph's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 7 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: London.....what a weekend"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Santa Maria del Fiore, the Duomo"
- created a Florence Travelogue "Santa Maria del Fiore, the Duomo"
- Commented on one of Sakura_Kobe's Florence travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Leather Look about Leather in Florence Shopping
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Éze Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Paul Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue