"Still kicking!" vivalasteph's Profile
After a too long hiatus I have re-entered the fray. I'm still traveling as much as I can, but work has prevented me from keeping my pages and acquaintances up to date! That's both good and bad, I suppose.
Off to London again in March, my annual tax return trip. Started as a five day getaway by myself, and is now shaping up to be quite the shindig,
thanks to Gillian McLaughlin and Larry!
Really want to catch up on my travel pages and with all of you!
In May I will reach the 26 year mark of living in Boston. I moved here three weeks after I graduated from college in Pennsylvania. It felt like home the minute I arrived, and still captures my interest and fulfills my need for culture. It is expensive, but the benefits far outweigh this.
I took my first trip to Europe at age 35, after years of having excuses not to travel. Now I can't stop! I must go at least once a year or I begin to shrivel and die. I do throw in some trips around the US to support our flagging economy. Ha.
These are a few of my favorite things...or at least the ones I'll admit to!
Travel, photography, architecture, art, music, movies, books (borderline obsession here), wine and beer, Monty Python, Benny Hill, sick jokes, urban legends, Brit Chick Lit, the New England Patriots, English Premier League football (go Chelsea!!).
Favorite place I've been: Barcelona
Dream destinations: Easter Island, Egypt, Venice
Favorite artists: Goya, Miro, Morris Louis, Lichtenstein, Arthur Dove, Turner
Endless admiration for: Robert Capa
Favorite architects: Gaudi, Barragan, Gehry, Calatrava, Hawksmoor
Favorite movies: Murder by Death, The Women, Suspiria, Rushmore, Sixteen Candles, Carnival of Souls, Boogie Nights, Young Frankenstein, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Candyman, Airplane
Confession: I have never seen ET or Forrest Gump
Favorite bands: Nine Inch Nails, Stereophonics, U2, Radiohead, Coldplay, Etta James, The Doves, God's Little Joke (sorry, a plug for my friends band), Massive Attack, Moby, Patsy Cline, spanish guitar, Beta Band
Food: I am on a lifelong search for the perfect cheeseburger.
I took this picture right after a blizzard November 2006. The Fens is a great neighborhood to live in, and a good place to feel the combination of urban and rural life, while being right in the middle of it all.
Barcelona is the first city in Europe that I visited, and has yet to be replaced in my heart. If you haven't gone, go!
What can you say about Florence? It's perfect.
For several years I visited London and stood underneath this amazing contraption. One day I found no line, no rain, and a hint of blue in the sky. It is a truly memorable experience!
If you're not looking for fun, or the best beer anywhere, don't go.
Paris is another of my favorite cities. Wine, food, beautiful architecture, and friendly people, no matter what most Americans say!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 196 Reviews
- 387 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- vivalasteph and RobDavis are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Still kicking!"
- Commented on Suet's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: London.....what a weekend"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunday on the Strand with John"
- created a London Travelogue "Sunday on the Strand with John"
- Wrote a Review Art Deco Restoration in the Fens in Boston Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Éze Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Paul Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue