Arusha Region Shopping Tips by Penelope4 Top 5 Page for this destination
Arusha Region Shopping: 1 reviews and 0 photos
The shop is at the Arusha airport and it's the only one selling Tanzanite stones so you won't miss it. The Tanzanite is produced near Kilimanjaro but if you are with a tour guide, most likely he will get more than 5% of what you pay (without you knowing it at first of course). In a 5-star hotel I have been, the prices of the gem were exorbitant too so I decided to keep my money and wait until my last day.
If you can help it, bid your tour guide goodbye before buying from the shop so you can bargain harder.
The shop is quite small. Find out upon arrival in Dar/Arusha the price for a carat and of which quality/grade. Then you can negotiate better with the shop.
What to buy: Raw and polished Tanzanite
What to pay: A long time ago, a carat cost US$ 600. But because of the economic downturn, the price went almost half the price.
Address: just when you enter the Arusha Airport
Directions: Even when you've done your check-in, you can still cross it before getting inside.
More Reviews (2)
Penelope4's Related Pages
Arusha Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arusha - poa kachizi kama ndizi !"
- "Butterflies in the Arusha National Park"
- "Gateway to the Wildlife & Land of the Masai"
- "Arusha : a base for northern Tanzania"
- "Last stop before adventure."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arusha Region
- Hotels in Arusha Region
- Transportation in Arusha Region
- Nightlife in Arusha Region
- Restaurants in Arusha Region
- Shopping in Arusha Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Arusha Region
- See All...
Explore the World
- Meneou Hotels
- Ecola State Park Hotels
- Kochi Hotels
- Vathia Hotels
- Castiglione della Pescaia
- Nova Sedlica
Badges & Stats in Arusha Region
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Arusha Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arusha Region
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamiyan Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thessaloniki Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Cesky Krumlov Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos