"Dushanbe" Tajikistan by Penelope4
Tajikistan Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 685 photos
After weeks of restricted movement in Kabul, my colleagues needed a break very badly and so we applied for a Tajik visa and off we went. We rented an apartment (hotels are not so common in Dushanbe) and we also rented a car to go outside Dushanbe. It was Eid time so shops and museums were closed. We did stroll, went to a restaurant and had a fine dinner. Tajik ambiance is quite different. One has to speak Dari and Russian to find your ways. I speak a bit of Russian and a colleague spoke Dari so it was quite easy. I've to ask which two other cities we've been too because I've forgotten their names (but not the beautiful mountains and landscapes we've been)! Strolling even at the middle of the night proved to be very safe in Dushanbe. The main landmark was full of Tajiks at the time we were there and they gave us an impression that Tajiks have closely-knit family ties. And of course, we had the privilege of seeing Tajik costumes and favorite attires because it was Eid! People celebrate and visit their relatives during this time.
- Pros:Quiet city
Penelope4's Related Pages
Tajikistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tajikistan - gateway to the Pamirs :-))"
- "Tajikistan - pieces of a puzzle"
- "Tajikistan: Ancient Persia is Alive"
- "Forgotten Wonderland"
- "Activities in Tajikistan"
- "Tajikistan - a hospitable land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tajikistan
- Hotels in Tajikistan
- Transportation in Tajikistan
- Nightlife in Tajikistan
- Restaurants in Tajikistan
- Shopping in Tajikistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tajikistan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tajikistan
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Tajikistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tajikistan
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamiyan Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thessaloniki Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Cesky Krumlov Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos