"Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar" Top 5 Page for this destination Afghanistan by Penelope4
Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,137 photos
I didn't really plan to work here in Afghanistan. Why work in Afghanistan if you have a secured post in Vienna, right? Well, at some point, we all look for challenges or meaning in what we do. I can't remember if I was just curious how it is to serve under difficult situation but nevertheless, I gave it a go. Alas, I've been working here since August 2005. Regrets? None. I just wish that Afghans will enjoy peace and prosperity sooner than later.
My most favorite part of Afghanistan is Bamiyan. You can see a part of Band-e-Amir behind me. What you see is what you get... Very beautiful part of Afghanistan, really!
I knew the very instant I've seen the scenery: something here's not right. And of course it took me only a second to realize that I was staring at poppy.
Blue Mosque, white doves, kind waitresses (yes, they have waitresses in Mazar and not only waiters!), yummy yogourt and very low-cost clothings! One can see many Afghan women in white burqas in this part of Afghanistan.
- Pros:Wonderful mountains and lakes.
- Cons:Suicide bombings here and there.
In Afghanistan, locals are very choosy when it comes to kebab. Before you try Afghan kebab, ask the locals where the... more travel advice
Afghans love to have picnics! They build tents, sit down on their carpets and pillows while others roast lambs or... more travel advice
Penelope4's Related Pages
Afghanistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afghanistan, Where I work"
- "A Hopeful Future"
- "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- "Incredible Afghanistan..."
- "Afghanistan after the Taliban"
- "Many guns and loads of smiles..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afghanistan
- Hotels in Afghanistan
- Transportation in Afghanistan
- Nightlife in Afghanistan
- Restaurants in Afghanistan
- Shopping in Afghanistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Afghanistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Afghanistan
- 46 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Afghanistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afghanistan
- updated a Afghanistan Travel Page "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: On -Line Shopping"
- Commented on one of JuanGaitan's Afghanistan travel pages
- Wrote a Review Good pharmacy is hard to find in Afghanistan What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not just any kebab"
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamiyan Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thessaloniki Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Cesky Krumlov Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos