"Ngorongoro Crater - oh, oh, oh!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro by Penelope4
Ngorongoro Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 484 photos
The main gate. Here, your tour guide will have to process some papers. If you need to go to the loo, they are clean, go ahead.
Inside, you will find a shop which sells some postcards - good ones at good prices. You may also buy some cold drinks and chips here. I think they also sell some hats.
That's me - about to see the Ngorongoro in a short while. It was a bit cold, mind you. The temperature difference from Arusha was very noticeable.
It is about 8,300 sq km, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in northern Tanzania and is said to be an unbroken caldera. The altitude is quite high - no wonder you will feel a big difference. I for one felt a bit dizzy when I left the area. Amidst the grasslands or mountain forests are animals who come in big numbers. When I was told that migrations take place down there, I thought "Who are you kidding?!". But when I was there, I could not believe my eyes! Zebras, lions, elephants, buffalos, black rhinos, baboons, gazelles, cheetahs, hartebeests, hippopotamus, pink flamingos and lots of birds and other animals - they roam/fly around freely.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is situated 180 km west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania. It is said to cover an area of 8,288 km².
- Pros:A memorable place. Worth to be referred to as the 8th Wonder of the World
- Cons:It was hot but hey - it's in Africa!
- In a nutshell:If I were to live like Jane, I will choose this place but Tarzan must be good looking ha!
Nevertheless, they are a beautiful creatures these birds. If you zoom a bit, you'll like them. SLLiew recognizes this... more travel advice
I really hope they do not get near crocodiles. more travel advice
Penelope4's Related Pages
Ngorongoro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ngorongoro Conservation Area"
- "Ngorongoro Crater - Eighth Wonder of the World?!!"
- "Ngorongoro Crater - oh, oh, oh!"
- "A Garden of Eden?"
- "Ngorongoro - Open Air Zoo"
- "A huge crater"
- "The Ngorongoro Crater"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ngorongoro
- Hotels in Ngorongoro
- Transportation in Ngorongoro
- Restaurants in Ngorongoro
- Warnings and Dangers in Ngorongoro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ngorongoro
- 18 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ngorongoro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ngorongoro
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Boutique Hotels! Is there..."
- updated a Ngorongoro Travel Page "Ngorongoro Crater - oh, oh, oh!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ngorongoro Crater - oh, oh, oh!"
- Wrote a Review They look like peacocks but they're not in Ngorongoro Things to Do
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Ngorongoro travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamiyan Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thessaloniki Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Cesky Krumlov Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos