"CANADA - QUEBEC - MONTMAGNY" Montmagny by Regina1965

Montmagny Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 84 photos

MONTMAGNY.

I have visited Montmagny five times as I have good friends there and stay at their place. It is a serene little town, French speaking, with lovely people and is very dear to me. Some streets in it give me the feeling of having stepped back in time, the old part of town has got very beautiful houses.

Montmagny is called Canada's Snow Goose Capital and has a beautiful flag with the white geese, Oie Blanche (see my tip on the geese).

I have added random photos of Montmagny in a travelogue here as there are so many beautiful houses there.

It takes ca 5 hours to drive from Ottawa to Montmagny.

MONTMAGNY

It is located by Saint Laurence river and the population is ca 11.000 people. There are many small beautiful villages by the river of which Montmagny is the biggest.

Each year there is an accordion festival in Montmagny which people from all over the world attend. During that time this beautiful town is crowded with tourists. And they have their own accordion museum.

Here is a good website with photos of Montmagny

MONTMAGNY.

There is a fantastic hotel in Montmagny. I have only visited it and had lunch there, but hope to stay there one day. On my picture you can see the tropical garden inside the beautiful Hotel L'Oiseliére. On display and for sale in glass cabinets at the hotels are a lot of dolls.

Hotel L'Oiseliére

• Pros:Montmagny is so peaceful and clean and lovely.
  • Cons:Very cold in winter-time I have heard.
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful, peaceful little village that is very dear to me.
  • Last visit to Montmagny: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2012

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Regina, fabulous page about Montmagny here. I once visited Quebec, but unfortunately didn't make it to this lovely town.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Jun 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Thanks, Holger - it is a lovely town and I have such fond memories from my visits there. I hope to be able to go back their one day to visit my friends there.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM

What a lovely area. The murals, waterfalls, apple orchards, sculptures I would love to see. We saw heaps of Apple Orchards in full flower on this last trip. So pretty!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Jun 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

This area is so dear to me. Thanks for the visit to my page :)

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I would love to go to Quebec.. At least I have been there with you....some sculpture!
    Marg

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

The Victorian Homes are so lovely, as well as all the beautiful scultpures. Wonderful page!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Regina...thanks for stopping by the Tobago pages...mostly it was a treat to be there. I finally actually STOPPED in Montmagny last week..just long enough to get gasoline..I call it Mon Ami now..its easier to pronounce.. :o)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2010 at 2:41 AM

This certainly looks like a beautiful old town. Great that they have an accordion festival and even an accordion museum.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Looks like a wonderful place to visit and probaply to live in aswell.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Nice page!

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Montmagny

Have you been to Montmagny?

Latest Activity in Montmagny