"CANADA - OTTAWA" Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa by Regina1965
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,813 reviews and 4,497 photos
Ottawa is Canada's capital city, although it is not the biggest nor the most cosmopolitan city in Canada. It stands by the Ottawa river in the English province of Ontario.
On the other side of the river, in the French-Canadian province of Quebec, stands the city of Gatineau. The population of Ottawa is ca 860.928 but combined with Gatineau the population is ca 1.130.761 (from the 2006 census).
Ottawa was declared the capital of the Province of Canada in 1857 and after Confederation 10 years later it was retained as a national capital.
I've been here five times and have friends here with whom I stay while visiting. I have totally fallen in love with this city now.
The Parliament building stands like a fairytale castle in the middle of the city.
There is a market area in down-town Ottawa which is buzzing with life especially during the weekends. My favourite part of the city :)
Here are some useful websites for City of Ottawa and Ottawatourism.ca and Ottawa.com
And if you want to read the best tips here on Canada then check out the tips of my VT-friend Greggor58.
New art versus old art. There is a big spider in Ottawa. There are some landmarks in Ottawa - the spider is catching on as one of them.
Rideau Hall is another landmark, it is the residence of the Governor General.
By far the biggest landmark in Ottawa are the Parliament buildings, which tower over the city on Parliament Hill.
- Pros:A lovely city, very friendly people.
There is a vintage store in Ottawa, which is a favourite of my friend´s there, so we visited often. It is an upscale... more travel advice
Hanging in the roof of Byward market is an awesome piece of art, I love it. It is so colourful and matches perfectly the... more travel advice
Regina1965's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 110 Reviews
- 550 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- Posted in Travel South Iceland Forum "Re: Blue Lagoon to the town of..."
- Commented on one of Regina1965's Ottawa travel pages
- updated a Ottawa Travel Page "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- Wrote a Review An upscale vintage store. in Ottawa Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ottawa Locks - a UNESCO World Heritage site."
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (550)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 255 reviews, 1254 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 235 reviews, 1252 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 178 reviews, 674 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 37 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Iceland Intro, 46 reviews, 237 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Fjords Intro, 38 reviews, 214 photos, 4 travelogues