"MONTENEGRO - CRNA GORA" Budva by Regina1965

Budva Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 793 photos

Montenegro.

We drove from Beograd to Budva. The journey took us 12 hours in a small Yugo-car which kept breaking down and boiling over in the heat, but it was an interesting ride, once, next time I'll take the train or fly. The mountains are a bit scary in some places, although very beautiful, the traffic was heavy and there were some dangerous blind curves there, and the road was covered with road-kill, so it is not for the faint hearted. But once we got there it was a beautiful place with palm-trees and a lot of hotels and guest-houses, cheaper than in other parts of Europe I have visited. I heard a lot of German spoken, so I guess Budva is popular amongst German tourists.

Budva

This is THE beach for young people with loud music all day long. The beaches are covered with pebbles, not golden sand, but other places nearby have sand, we also went to Sutomore which has lovely golden sand and Bar with its large waves. Have a look at my travelogue for more pictures of Budva.
But seeing that I took the photos before I started here on VT then almost all of the photos I took have people in them, so I have only a handful of photos to share.

Budva.

The night life by the beach is very lively, with a lot of discos which were crowded, a lot of restaurants and small shops. An extremely lively place. The old part of the city is like stepping into another world, I felt like I were in Italy.

• Last visit to Budva: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2012

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Hi Regina! :-)
    We're heading to Montenegro in a couple of weeks. Budva (and Sveti Stefan) is one of the places I'd love to visit while we're there. I just need to work out how easy it is to get there from Herceg Novi.
    Thanks for sharing your photos! :-)

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Nice pictures, I ran into 2 good VT friends in Ulcinj when I was there in 2010 with my daughter..

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Brilliant photos of Montenegro here. Thanks for visiting my Shkoder page, which we visited on a sidetrip from Ulcinj in Montenegro.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Nice pictures from Crna Gora.

• inuit's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 4:26 AM

they the best sea beach in all balkan i think; Montenegro is the next cool place; nice page

Regina1965