"LONDON" Top 5 Page for this destination London by Regina1965
London Travel Guide: 24,924 reviews and 55,413 photos
Love London :) My favourite town :) When ever I return back home from London I cannot wait to go back. I first visited London in 1979 and fell in love with this city and got a culture shock seeing the crowds of people in the streets, coming from the quiet town of Reykjavík. It wasn't until 1987 that I visited London again and this time I stayed for 4 months at a Mishio Kushi Institute in Old Street studying Macrobiotics. I lived in Hampstead and Southwark bridge road. The year after I visited London again. And it wasn't until 2003 during the big heat-wave that I visited again and when I arrived the temperatures were soaring 38 degrees C! I loved it and we cooled down in fountains where people were swimming, f.ex. in Battersea Park and the fountains at Trafalgar square. The atmosphere was lovely and I cherish that memory.
In the next 2 years (2004-2005) I visited London 6 times and once per year in the next 2 years after that (2006-2007). In May 2010 I stayed for 2 weeks in London.
On the 1st of November 2012 a VT-member sublet her room in Colliers Wood, South London, to me, while she was going on a world-tour. I stayed there for 1 month and 3 weeks and returned back to Iceland to celebrate Christmas with my family. I returned on the 29th of January of 2013 and stayed in the Hammersmith district of London for 2 months. This turned out to be a very cold winter in London.
I was lucky enough to be invited to London in August 2013, so that I could experience the warmer side of London - I stayed in Highgate for 4 days. And again I was invited to London in April/May 2014 and stayed again in Highgate, where my fiancé´s brother lives with his family.
Here are some very good websites London buses which shows you all the routes of the London buses, very helpful. And London markets with detailed information on the markets in London, which are one of my favourite things to do in London. A great website is Visit London with a great deal of information. I wish I had known about this page when booking a hotel as they have great hotel offers on good hotels here.
This is also an excellent page for finding rooms for rent in private homes.
There are more links London Guide with detailed information and maps on markets in London.
And of course London town which is very thorough as well.
And here are webcams on London Webcams.
And here are more four webcams of London.
Here are a lot of webacams A-Z of London Jam-Cams.
And here is a great page on 360 degree panoramic view of London.
I just found this webpage - it is excellent Stuckinlondon
Here is a good Street map of London
I find this site especially user-friendly with a special human touch and inside information, created by a group of Londoners fed up with bad advice about London The London tourist. I do recommend this site, I have never printed out as much information as from this site.
While planning my trip to London in May 2010 I looked through heaps of pages and came across some interesting things I didn't know about f.ex. Being in the audience at a TV-recording Seeing that my hotel seemed to be in the middle of nowhere next to a cemetary I wanted to find out about things to do in this neighbourhood and found out that BBC Television Centre is close to it, so on a rainy day having such a ticket might come in handy ;) While spending 2 months in Hammersmith in 2013 I was in the audience of 5 shows and got tickets for 3 more, which I couldn´t use. It was so much fun and I have added tips on all these shows.
I have added an additional page on Holborn even though it is in the middle of London. My London page was just getting a bit too big ;)
- Pros:London is so rich in history and art and there are myriads of museums and galleries here.
- Cons:London is inundated with tourists ;)
- In a nutshell:I feel alive in London!
Primrose Hill is one of the protected view-points in London, with lovely views of central London. It is located on the... more travel advice
Opposite the Houses of Parliament in Westminster one can find a small tower called the Jewel Tower. It dates back to... more travel advice
- See All St Mary-Le-Strand church
- See All The Mayflower pub in Rotherhithe.
- See All Cheap clothes
- Terravision bus company.
Regina1965's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 238 Reviews
- 1,267 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Can drive 2wd in Nov?"
- Commented on one of Galaxy31's London tips
- updated a London Travel Page "LONDON"
- Wrote a Review Primrose Hill by Regent´s Park about Primrose Hill in London Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Primrose Hill by Regent´s Park"
- Commented on the London travel guide
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (1267)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 263 reviews, 1291 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 238 reviews, 1267 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 195 reviews, 753 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 39 reviews, 278 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Iceland Intro, 46 reviews, 237 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Fjords Intro, 38 reviews, 214 photos, 4 travelogues