Alhaurín el Grande Things to Do Tips by Regina1965
Alhaurín el Grande Things to Do: 3 reviews and 14 photos
Once a week, on Saturdays, there is an organic market in Alhaurin el Grande. In this small street there are stalls lined up with organic flour, bread and cakes and all kinds of organic vegetables and honey. I tried one banana there and it was unbelievable, so sweet. My friends bought a lot of stuff there. It is definitely worth going there if you are in Alhaurin el Grande on Saturdays.
Address: Real, Alhaurin el Grande
Roman columns on Plaza del Convento.
Plaza del Convento is a lovely square in front of City Hall and the beautiful church Santa Vera Cruz. On the square stand 3 Roman columns which were discovered close by. The view from here of the Guadalhorse valley is extraordinary. You can see it stretch down to Malaga on the right and up to Coín on the left.
Plaza del Convento is also called Plaza del Ayuntamento.
Address: Plaza Convento 29120, Alhaurin el Grande, Spain
Santa Vera Cruz.
The beautiful church of Santa Vera Cruz stands on a hill next to the city hall, with a breathtaking view of Guadalahorse valley. The church and the view from there is a big tourist attraction and every tourist visiting Alhaurin el Grande comes to this spot. It is within a walking distance from the city center, uphill narrow streets, but quite worth the walk. Unfortunately the church was closed when I visit so I can only add pictures from outside. I have added pictures of the city hall and the square next to the church with its Roman columns in my next tip.
Address: Calle Convento, Alhaurin el Grande, Spain
More Reviews (3)
Regina1965's Related Pages
Alhaurín el Grande Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Crossdoney Hotels
- Bishkek Hotels
- Independence Hotels
- Rabanal del Camino Hotels
- Prefecture de Butare
- Khoueng Viangchan
Badges & Stats in Alhaurín el Grande
- 6 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Alhaurín el Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alhaurín el Grande
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Reasonably priced accomodation"
- Uploaded a Video to Alhaurín el Grande
- Uploaded a Photo to "Feria de Alhaurin el Grande."
- Wrote a Review An in-bar named Kanadian in Alhaurin. in Alhaurín el Grande Restaurants
- updated a Alhaurín el Grande Travel Page "Alhaurin el Grande."
Photos in Alhaurín el GrandeSee All Photos (47)
Videos in Alhaurín el GrandeSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 234 reviews, 1140 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 178 reviews, 950 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 190 reviews, 750 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 41 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Intro, 38 reviews, 194 photos, 3 travelogues
- North Iceland Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos