"Alhaurin el Grande." Alhaurín el Grande by Regina1965
Alhaurín el Grande Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 49 photos
I have visited Alhaurin el Grande many times. It is a lovely little town in the province of Malaga in the mountains close to Torremolinos, with ca 23.000 inhabitants called Alhaurinos, of which 5.000 are expatriats from Scandinavia and England. It is only ca 35 minutes away from Torremolinos by car (25 km), depending on the traffic, check out the websites I added for directions to getting there. The name of the city "Alhaurin el Grande" means "Garden of Allah the Great" which was given to the town by the Moors.
Being on a mountain then the streets leading from center of town are a bit steep, and while walking from the center of town to Santa Vera Cruz church I became out of breath ;) It is a lovely church with a great view of the Guadalhorse Walley (see my tip on that).
There is a lovely city center in Alhaurin el Grande. I have added more pictures in a travelogue here of the city center. There are a lot of expadriates living in Alhaurin el Grande, making this lovely town a lively, international place.
- In a nutshell:My Icelandic friend lives here, so I visit from time to time.
We only had drinks at Kanadian and liked this bar/café very much. It is an in-bar in Alhaurin el Grande. During the... more travel advice
Once a week, on Saturdays, there is an organic market in Alhaurin el Grande. In this small street there are stalls lined... more travel advice
Written Oct 28, 2008
Alhaurin el Grande - city center.
Written Oct 29, 2008
Alhaurin de la Torre
Regina1965's Related Pages
Alhaurín el Grande Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Alhaurín el Grande
- 6 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Alhaurín el Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alhaurín el Grande
Photos in Alhaurín el GrandeSee All Photos (47)
Videos in Alhaurín el GrandeSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 243 reviews, 1187 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 207 reviews, 1122 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 216 reviews, 879 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- North Iceland Intro, 64 reviews, 312 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 44 reviews, 316 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Intro, 45 reviews, 228 photos, 3 travelogues