"SPAIN-Benalmádena." Top 5 Page for this destination Benalmádena by Regina1965

Benalmádena Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 413 photos

Benalmádena.

Benalmádena is the town next to Torremolinos divided by the yacht-marina, Puerto Deportivo, which a magical place. It actually looks like a small Arabic town :) It is buzzing with life and has got a great night-life, restaurants, shops, an aquarium, street-vendors etc. (see my tip on the marina).

The population of Benalmádena is ca 50.300 but increases in summer time with hundreds of thousands tourists visiting this lovely area.

There is a lovely park in Benalmádena called Paloma Park, last time I visited it there was a circus in town in the park. There is a big lake in the park and freeroaming in the park are rabbits, peacocks and chicken. Across the road from the park is Selwo Marina.

Benalmadena.

The beaches in Benalmádena stretch all the way from Torremolinos and down to Fuengirola. Lovely beaches and the promenade is extraordinary with art-work in the promenade like every 10 meters (see my tip on that).

Benalmádena.

Benalmádena has got a lot of shops, restaurants, bars, good supermarkets, Supersol, Mercadona, Lidl and OpenCor to name some. There are a lot of hotels and a great beach-life in Benalmádena and a very beautiful promenade. The town has got a casino, Tivoli world, golf courses and a sailing school. The atmosphere there is slightly different from that of Torremolinos, it looks like it is a bit more expensive area?

I add some links with information on Benalmádena there is more information here and here

• In a nutshell:The marina is a magical place day and night.
  • Last visit to Benalmádena: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Jul 20, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Another wonderful page Regina! Thought I would go to Spain for my virtual holiday on your page, getting a bit cold in Iceland! Loved the Chapel, Castle, fantastic views, white houses, so much there. Not happy about your terrible experience, and so nice of the lady to help you out!
    "The good and the bad side of Spain!"

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Regina, fantastic page about Benalmadena here. I have never heard of this town before, although it is so close to Torremolinos, which seems to be quite pouplar among VT members. Very interesting tip about the bus drivers. I must admit that I have never heard such stories before, although we usually go quite often by public buses on our trips. So it is always good to have at least a rough idea where to get off a bus, so that drivers can't cheat you.

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Match! Took a trip to your Benanmaldena pages and notices that I had been in the very same place in Sierra de Mijas a couple of years before.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

wow Regina youve found a lot of interesting&attractive things about this place..Ive flown over these hills on my way to Morocco,Malaga or Gibraltar many times&love the view so the hikes must be lovely..sound as dangerous as those terrible bus drivers tho!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM

This part of the coast has certainly changed since I rode through in 1963. Between Malaga and Marbella they had floodlights on and were building hotels round the clock, but in Benalmádena there was nothing, as far as I can remember.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2011 at 4:25 AM

Dolphin watching without actually seeing any dolphins...sounds kind of disappointing...LOL

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I was in this are 35 years ago; and it has changed. There were few hotels then. YOu did a nice job of showing the sites and activities, and picutres well done.

• stedeb's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Lovely pics we are going in Sept we fly to Uk from Australia my in laws have booked the 4 of us a week We didnt know what to expect but looks fab Given us some ideas on what to do where to eat the Marina looks gorgeous cant wait to take an evening stroll.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Grat page, did you visit the village on the slopes of the hill too?

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 5:41 AM

Looks interesting festival, isn't it?

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Benalmádena

Have you been to Benalmádena?

Videos in Benalmádena