"FUENGIROLA." Fuengirola by Regina1965

Fuengirola Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 452 photos

Fuengirola.

There is a lot to see in Fuengirola, f.ex. The Zoo, El Castillo Sohail, which is a Moorish castle, the harbour and Paseo Maritímo and just wandering around the city and enjoying its diversity and maybe shop. See my tips on things to do here.

Fuengirola.

I like Fuengirola a lot, it has a more "cosmopolitan" feel to it than Torremolinos, even though we are talking about a city with a population of ca 63.000 inhabitans. It has got 8 km of beaches so it is a famous tourist resort. It has got 2 busy parallel shopping streets and the "posh" area Los Boliches is also very busy. Torremolinos has got a more laid back feeling, that is my sense. So I love visiting Fuengirola and imagining that I am in a big city ;)

Fuengirola.

There are so many statues in Fuengirola, a lot of churches and a mosque. Fuengirola has got so many tiny streets leading from the main streets to the beach. A lovely town which is so worth visiting. I have still got so many more tips to add on Fuengirola.

• In a nutshell:A lovely town so diverse and so busy. Clean and fun to visit.
  • Last visit to Fuengirola: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 16, 2012

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 5:49 AM

i like the idea of the zoo and paying specific attention to endangered breeds. that would surely get my attention if visiting there. well done and with lots of great photos:)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I’m not ordinarily a big fan of zoos, but this one sounds like it has a very interesting concept. Great that the Renfe provides train service every half hour from Malaga to Fuengirola and back.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM

I like the sound of this town. What a great meal you had a the restaurant, and for a very cheap price, that one is worth remembering.
    Love the zoo, the gardens are very nice. Lovely, informative page.

• philosykos's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Fuengirola at times seems more like a "british" town than Spanish....unfortunately.....More a more Spanish feel..some of the other less visited towns by tourists are lovely..Rincon de la Victoria..one of them! A true Spanish town!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM

the optician at the danish center used to live just down the road from me when i lived in denmark and he is a good friend of my parents :O)

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Fuengirola

Have you been to Fuengirola?

Latest Activity in Fuengirola