"Gran Canaria - Playa del Ingles and other places." Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria by Regina1965
Isla de Gran Canaria Travel Guide: 420 reviews and 1,183 photos
Gran Canaria is one of the islands in The Canary islands archipelago which is located in the Atlantic ocean close the north-west Africa and enjoys a mild climate 20-26 all year round. I stayed in Playa del Ingles, but VT has no special page for Playa del Ingles so my tips here are mainly of Playa del Ingles. Playa del Ingles is a big tourist resort with a 3,7 kilometres long beach which is connected to the Dunas of Maspalomas. It is wonderful visiting Gran Canaria during the winter months, especially in October-November when it is getting cold and dark in my country. Last time I visited (November 2009) it was 30 degrees C most of the time.
One can reach The Dunas straight from Playa del Ingles, and walk through The Dunas to reach the beach of Playa del Ingles. The Dunas look like you are walking in Sahara. In The Canary islands archipelago every second day 3.000 tons of sand is brought in by ship from El Aaiún in Sahara to replace the sand which the ocean carries away every day from the beaches. It is then believed that the sand reaches Morocco again at a place called Tarfaya.
I have created other pages for Las Palmas and Maspalomas and Puerto de Mogán and Puerto de las Nieves
Here under this page I also add tips on other beaches, Puerto Rico and Playa de Las Amadores as VT has no special pages for these beaches. Under "Off the beaten track" I add tips on the mountains and valleys of Gran Canaria and a trip around the island of Gran Canaria.
- Pros:The climate making it an excellent winter location for people living in N-Europe f.ex.
- Cons:It can be very windy on the beach.
- In a nutshell:Playa del Ingles is very "touristy" which has its pros and cons.
What a lovely little town Firgas is! I had drunk the Firgas water for many years not knowing that it comes from a little... more travel advice
There is a good mall in Vecindario. It has got a big Carrefour supermarket and a lot of clothes' stores, including Zara,... more travel advice
Regina1965's Related Pages
Isla de Gran Canaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GRAN CANARIA - explore the island!"
- "Gran Canaria - Playa del Ingles and other places."
- "Gran Canaria, a mini continent"
- "Gran Canaria"
- "Gran Canaria"
- "WELCOME TO MINIATURE CONTINENT!"
- "La Isla Gran Canaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Hotels in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Transportation in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Nightlife in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Restaurants in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Shopping in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Gran Canaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Gran Canaria
- 41 Reviews
- 238 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Isla de Gran Canaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Cannot edit tips"
- Commented on one of Regina1965's Isla de Gran Canaria travel pages
- updated a Isla de Gran Canaria Travel Page "Gran Canaria - Playa del Ingles and other places."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The lovely town of Firgas."
- Wrote a Review The lovely town of Firgas. in Isla de Gran Canaria Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Isla de Gran CanariaSee All Photos (238)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 257 reviews, 1386 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 263 reviews, 1292 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 196 reviews, 752 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 45 reviews, 308 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Iceland Intro, 46 reviews, 237 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Fjords Intro, 38 reviews, 214 photos, 4 travelogues