"MALAGA." Málaga by Regina1965

Málaga Travel Guide: 887 reviews and 2,326 photos

Malaga.

While staying in Torremolinos we went by bus to Malaga, which is only 14 kilometres away. We were staying there in May and it was 34 degrees C when we visited Malaga, so it was a wonderful day. I got surprised seeing this statue of the famous Danish author Hans Christian Andersen in Malaga, but he visited here in 1862.

Now these photos were taken in 2007 when I first went to Malaga, in 2009 I visited Malaga many many times so my tips are from 2009-2011, when I stayed for 6 months and again for 4 months in Torremolinos, visiting Malaga frequently. But I am going to keep my Introduction page as it was when I first visited as this is one of the first pages I added here on VT :D

Malaga.

Beautiful Malaga, a lot of palmtrees - love palmtrees :) This photo is taken in the beautiful subtropical Paseo del Parque in the center of Malaga by the harbour. (See my tip)

Malaga.

These buildings were incredibly close to one another. They are close to Malagueta beach (see my tip on that).

• Pros:Parts of Malaga are so beautiful, the tropical forest in particular.
  • Cons:A lot of drug addicts.
  • Last visit to Málaga: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2012

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Although I have been to Andalucia for a few days, I never really visited Malaga. - Lovely page with brilliant photos here. Interesting to see a statue of the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen in the city.

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Thank you, Holger. I spent a lot of time in Malaga during 2007-2011, a lovely city.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2014 at 6:49 AM

It looked like the weather was a crystal clear day. Such beautiful blue skies. Malaga has a lot to offer for tourist. So much to explore there. Excellent page Regina!

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Thank you, Dee :) These photos were taken over a period of several years - it was almost always sunny when I visited Malaga.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It's always a pleasure reading your extensive tips and watching your beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing your Malaga tips, job well done!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Will you go to the meeting they have posted?

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Wow! Another beautiful Spanish town! What a breathtaking lookout. I love the views of the garden and the bull ring from here. It sounds and looks like a great town to pay a visit to.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yes, it is an interesting city, the capital city of the south. I went there so many times during my stay in Torremolinos.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I think I will re visti Malaga soon.

Ciao!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hi Regina, Dee (balhannah) recommended your pages to me and I can see from the first one I have visited, that I am going to enjoy them. Your photography is stunning. I started with Malaga because I saw your photo with the Hans Christian Andersen statue and I am always attracted to contemporary street art. A really lovely page ReginA, Thank you.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Hi Regina, I really enjoyed your Malaga page. All those green parks and palm trees look so beautiful! This is a city I really would like to visit :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM

It’s amazing that La Malagueta beach is man-made with sand from the Sahara! I had to laugh when I read your description of the prominent citizens of Malaga in earlier times walking under the palm trees with their top hats, and among them Pablo Picasso with a dead rat hanging from his watch-chain.

• Redang's Profile Photo