"Maspalomas and Meloneras - Gran Canaria." Top 5 Page for this destination Maspalomas by Regina1965

Maspalomas Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 128 photos

Maspalomas.

Maspalomas is so diverse with a large beach and the Dunas which give you the feeling of walking in Sahara, and the sand there is a mix of sand from the real Sahara. This area is the oldest tourist area in Gran Canaria and it has got a lot of hotels, restaurants, bars, cafés, shops and shopping centers, parks, Holiday world with an amusement park (Tivoli), markets, flee-markets (see my tips), nature reserve, lovely walks, golf-courses, a botanic park, pretty much everything one could want while on holiday.

Maspalomas.

This 65 m tall light-house, Faro de Maspalomas, is a landmark of Maspalomas and at the other side of the lighthouse is Meloneras. These two tourist-towns are linked together so I will add my tips on Meloneras here.

Maspalomas.

If you walk by the lake Charca de Maspalomas it takes you further to this place where you can ride the camels in the Dunas.

• Pros:Lovely golden beaches, lots of fun activities.
  • Cons:It can get pretty windy at the beach.
  • Last visit to Maspalomas: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Lovely page! I would love all those markets! I can imagine you soaking up all the sun and getting a suntan. Must be nice after Iceland.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Dec 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Thanks, yes, it is so lovely going there in the winter time, we used to do that every year, but now with changed circumstances...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Beautiful flower photos from the Botanical park of Maspalomas. But it’s dreadful that most of the sand was washed away from the beach by huge waves in just over two nights in the winter of 2011.

• nyperose's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Hi Regina, How are you? I've just come back from Maspalomas. We stayed at the Hotel Faro. I was surprised to discover that the beach was a mixed nudist one. Lovely dunes but difficult to swim because of the strong waves. Your pages are great:-) Ellen

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Hi Regina...Interesting page...The dunes look pretty "different"..I'm not so sure though that Gran Canaria would be for me...seems too busy for my liking..but today I'm thinking about sunshine and warmth...a beach would be good too!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Lovely page with brilliant photos and helpful tips about Maspalomas. I must admit that I only made it to Tenerife of the Canary Islands.

• Freebeacher's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I was at Maspalomas in 1992 and 1995. Fantastic beach and paradise if you are a naturist (nudist). Hope it is still the same.

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Lovely tips and photos. Juliana

• Apr 21, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Great tips and pictures

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Tree hugging eh? What a Hippy ;)

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Nice pics, waiting for the comments

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Maspalomas

Have you been to Maspalomas?