"Maspalomas and Meloneras - Gran Canaria." Top 5 Page for this destination Maspalomas by Regina1965
Maspalomas Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 129 photos
Maspalomas is so diverse with a large beach and the Dunas which give you the feeling of walking in Sahara, and the sand there is a mix of sand from the real Sahara. This area is the oldest tourist area in Gran Canaria and it has got a lot of hotels, restaurants, bars, cafés, shops and shopping centers, parks, Holiday world with an amusement park (Tivoli), markets, flee-markets (see my tips), nature reserve, lovely walks, golf-courses, a botanic park, pretty much everything one could want while on holiday.
This 65 m tall light-house, Faro de Maspalomas, is a landmark of Maspalomas and at the other side of the lighthouse is Meloneras. These two tourist-towns are linked together so I will add my tips on Meloneras here.
If you walk by the lake Charca de Maspalomas it takes you further to this place where you can ride the camels in the Dunas.
- Pros:Lovely golden beaches, lots of fun activities.
- Cons:It can get pretty windy at the beach.
In January and February 2011 Maspalomas beach suffered the worst erosion in recorded history and the beach has all but... more travel advice
Meloneras is on the other side of the light-house Faro de Maspalomas. It is a beautiful area with a long promenade, lots... more travel advice
Regina1965's Related Pages
Maspalomas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maspalomas and Meloneras - Gran Canaria."
- "Magic Maspalomas"
- "Being lazy and active in the dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maspalomas
- Hotels in Maspalomas
- Transportation in Maspalomas
- Nightlife in Maspalomas
- Restaurants in Maspalomas
- Shopping in Maspalomas
- Warnings and Dangers in Maspalomas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maspalomas
- 21 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Maspalomas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maspalomas
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: ice coolers"
- updated a Maspalomas Travel Page "Maspalomas and Meloneras - Gran Canaria."
- Commented on one of Regina1965's Maspalomas tips
- Wrote a Review Drastical changes to the beach in Maspalomas. in Maspalomas Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Drastical changes to the beach in Maspalomas."
Photos in MaspalomasSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 258 reviews, 1388 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 263 reviews, 1292 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 205 reviews, 797 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 46 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Iceland Intro, 46 reviews, 237 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Fjords Intro, 39 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues