"MIJAS PUEBLO" Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas by Regina1965
Mijas Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 595 photos
The small white village of Mijas is situated in the mountains by Costa del Sol. It is such a magical village and so worth a visit. It is situated 428 meters above sea level and the population is 7.500. There are so many foreigners living there and I was amazed at how many women wore yashmak in this small village.
There are so many things to do in Mijas, f.ex. riding a donkey taxi, visiting the Shrine of the Virgin of the rock, visiting the Flour mill, the Miniature museum, The Constitution square, the bullring, which is oval and not round like most of the bullrings in Spain. There are 3 other churches in Mijas which are worth a visit plus the Shrine of the Calvario which is situated in the mountain above Mijas. Then there are the fortress walls, view points and gardens, Málaga wine museum, the Folk museum and Town hall. A lot of activities and truly a magical village.
Mijas village is a typical Spanish village with white houses situated in a mountain and it is so popular amongst tourists and just buzzing with life. And Mijas has one of the largest proportions of foreigners in Spain.
A stroll around the village of Mijas is a must while visiting Costa del Sol. We went there by bus from Torremolinos where I was living.
La Cala de Mijas is a lovely little town in Costa del Sol. I have got friends who live in the mountains of Alhaurin el... more travel advice
La Cala de Mijas beach is a lovely little beach in La Cala de Mijas. It is quiet and people are very friendly. There are... more travel advice
Regina1965's Related Pages
Mijas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Andalusian Week in Mijas Pueblo"
- "MAGICAL MIJAS"
- "MIJAS PUEBLO"
- "Pueblo Blanco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mijas
- Hotels in Mijas
- Transportation in Mijas
- Nightlife in Mijas
- Restaurants in Mijas
- Shopping in Mijas
- Warnings and Dangers in Mijas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mijas
- 13 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Mijas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mijas
- Posted in Travel South Iceland Forum "Re: Bus service Iceland"
- Commented on one of Regina1965's Mijas travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "La Cala de Mijas - by the ocean of Costa del Sol."
- Wrote a Review La Cala de Mijas - by the ocean of Costa del Sol. in Mijas Things to Do
- updated a Mijas Travel Page "MIJAS PUEBLO"
Photos in MijasSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 240 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 181 reviews, 965 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 203 reviews, 815 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 42 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Intro, 39 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- North Iceland Intro, 40 reviews, 191 photos