"Torremolinos." Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos by Regina1965
Torremolinos Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,584 photos
My favourite beaches are in Costa del Sol - Torremolinos. I lived in the block-of-flats shown on the main photo for 6 months in 2009.
The beaches stretch over 4 km and are very clean and the times I have stayed there I have always had an excellent stay and am longing to go there every summer. Approximately 43.700 people live in Torremolinos but in the summer time the figure rises up to 250.000 with all the tourists visiting this lovely area. Just a word of warning, on Costa del Sol there are 120 organised Mafia groups. In 1980's Torremolinos used to have a bad word for being shabby with a lot of drug addicts, the beaches were dirty and people had stopped visiting. The Spanish government then cleaned the place up and did an excellent job and now it is again a very popular place to visit.
I have stayed at 3 different hotels, Hotel Sol Principe and Principito, Hotel Sol Timor and Aguamarina Aparthotel, with Hotel Sol Principe being my favourite (see my tips on the hotels). It is located at the very beginning of Torremolinos which is quieter than Sol Timor which is located at the very end of Torremolinos, next to the marina of Benalmadena with its discos and verly lifely night-life. In the middle is Aguamarina Aparthotel with the lift to the center of the old town of Torremolinos. Torremolinos is only 12 kilometres from Malaga and only 3 kilometres from Pablo Ruiz Picasso International Airport, which is a big plus.
There are a lot of steps leading to Calle San Miguel shopping street and the old town of Torremolinos. There is an elevator at the beginning of this street if one is unable to walk all those steps. All the way to the top are shops and restaurants. See my tips on the lift and Calle San Miguel in "Things to do". Calle San Miguel is called Calle Europe by locals as all the tourists visiting Torremolinos go there. There are many squares with fountains and beautiful sculptures in and around the city center.
The old town has a small but lively center, and there is the railway- and bus station which takes you to Malaga and many other places in Spain. It has got a lot of shops and some supermarkets. So you have got 2 choices at night, go to the old town or stay at the beach where the night-life is extremely lively as well, especially by Timor Sol and at the marina in Benalmadena.
Here are some good links with information on Torremolinos and here Torremolinos and here Costa del Sol and Torremolinos and here is Torremolinos guide and Weather in Torremolinos and last but not the least
a satellite map of Torremolinos. And some webcams in Torremolinos
- Pros:Lovely beaches.
- Cons:For me there are no cons, I am in love with Torremolinos.
- In a nutshell:I lived here for 6 months from March-September 2009. And another 4 months in 2011.
What can I say - isn´t this what many people do when living abroad and feeling home-sick - or just longing for the feel... more travel advice
This is by no means a danger tip, just a word of warning. On Sundays the beaches in Torremolinos get extremely crowded,... more travel advice
- See All A stroll at the beach at night in the...
- A very popular disco in Torremolinos.
- See All A very popular, very busy restaurant by...
Regina1965's Related Pages
Torremolinos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TORREMOLINOS --- COSTA DEL SOL"
- "A Winter Warmer in Torremolinos"
- "Torremolinos - it was a two-time haven for us!"
- "A Winter Warmer"
- "Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol"
- "Torremolinos, sea, sun and fun!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torremolinos
- Hotels in Torremolinos
- Transportation in Torremolinos
- Nightlife in Torremolinos
- Restaurants in Torremolinos
- Shopping in Torremolinos
- Warnings and Dangers in Torremolinos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torremolinos
- 67 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Torremolinos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torremolinos
Photos in TorremolinosSee All Photos (370)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 240 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 181 reviews, 965 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 203 reviews, 815 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 154 reviews, 846 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 110 reviews, 555 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 67 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 42 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 41 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- North Iceland Intro, 45 reviews, 212 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Intro, 39 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues