"Torremolinos." Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos by Regina1965

Torremolinos Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,584 photos

Torremolinos

My favourite beaches are in Costa del Sol - Torremolinos. I lived in the block-of-flats shown on the main photo for 6 months in 2009.

The beaches stretch over 4 km and are very clean and the times I have stayed there I have always had an excellent stay and am longing to go there every summer. Approximately 43.700 people live in Torremolinos but in the summer time the figure rises up to 250.000 with all the tourists visiting this lovely area. Just a word of warning, on Costa del Sol there are 120 organised Mafia groups. In 1980's Torremolinos used to have a bad word for being shabby with a lot of drug addicts, the beaches were dirty and people had stopped visiting. The Spanish government then cleaned the place up and did an excellent job and now it is again a very popular place to visit.

I have stayed at 3 different hotels, Hotel Sol Principe and Principito, Hotel Sol Timor and Aguamarina Aparthotel, with Hotel Sol Principe being my favourite (see my tips on the hotels). It is located at the very beginning of Torremolinos which is quieter than Sol Timor which is located at the very end of Torremolinos, next to the marina of Benalmadena with its discos and verly lifely night-life. In the middle is Aguamarina Aparthotel with the lift to the center of the old town of Torremolinos. Torremolinos is only 12 kilometres from Malaga and only 3 kilometres from Pablo Ruiz Picasso International Airport, which is a big plus.

Costa del Sol - Torremolinos

There are a lot of steps leading to Calle San Miguel shopping street and the old town of Torremolinos. There is an elevator at the beginning of this street if one is unable to walk all those steps. All the way to the top are shops and restaurants. See my tips on the lift and Calle San Miguel in "Things to do". Calle San Miguel is called Calle Europe by locals as all the tourists visiting Torremolinos go there. There are many squares with fountains and beautiful sculptures in and around the city center.

Costa del Sol - Torremolinos

The old town has a small but lively center, and there is the railway- and bus station which takes you to Malaga and many other places in Spain. It has got a lot of shops and some supermarkets. So you have got 2 choices at night, go to the old town or stay at the beach where the night-life is extremely lively as well, especially by Timor Sol and at the marina in Benalmadena.

Here are some good links with information on Torremolinos and here Torremolinos and here Costa del Sol and Torremolinos and here is Torremolinos guide and Weather in Torremolinos and last but not the least
a satellite map of Torremolinos. And some webcams in Torremolinos

• Pros:Lovely beaches.
  • Cons:For me there are no cons, I am in love with Torremolinos.
  • In a nutshell:I lived here for 6 months from March-September 2009. And another 4 months in 2011.
  • Last visit to Torremolinos: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2011

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Nice little city but sadly it has become too British.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I will have to return, have run out of time!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Have finished reading now. What a great overview you have given, and heaps of lovely photo's too! It sounds and looks like another nice place in Spain to visit. I would like to be there and see one of the Festivals. Love the statue in the children's playground and the one of Picasso!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Jan 10, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Thanks, Dee, yes, it is lovely there. I know Lori and Hansi agree with me, seeing that they go there every year as well. Thanks for the visit :)

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

This looks like a wonderfully vibrant and lively place, Regina. Love the statues of Picasso, Las Gordas and the fabulous Monument to Europe. Another great page, thank you.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hi there Regina! :-)
    Hope you are well!
    Thank you very much for your kind comments on my Sheffield page...and for the friendship add.
    Your Torremolinos page is excellent - you've put a lot of work into it and you clearly know the place very well! Great work! :-)
    We spent a weekend there last year...and I'm keen to go back again for more tapas and sherry!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Me again, coming back to read the rest of your excellent Torremolinos tips. There was no Ikea in Torremolinos when I was there in January 1963, and they were just starting to build the first big hotels (working all night under floodlights, in fact, to have them ready for the following summer).

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Lighthouse match in your Torre's reviews but that is not a surprise :)

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Thoroughly enjoying reading and re-reading your tips, very informative! Now I know more about the places that I saw in Torremolinos - Thanks. Congratulations on Your Barney Award-Well deserved!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Hans and I will once again come to Torremolinos - three weeks in February 2010. We just can't get enough of this town.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 5:42 AM

Regina, you must have visited all of these restaurants - all look delicious!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for the tour of Torremolinos! My wife and I loved it too, but never got past the old town area and never even set eyes on the beaches. Now I wish we had been able to sample more of the city.

Regina1965 Visits Here Frequently!

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Torremolinos

Have you been to Torremolinos?

Latest Activity in Torremolinos