"Petaluma California - My Home!" Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma by scottstevens630
Petaluma Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 138 photos
Petaluma is a wonderful old river town just north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate. Surrounded by rolling green hill and coastal mountains it offers the very best of northern California living. Once the "Egg Capital" of the world and a major source of bricks and cobblestones for the construction and re-construction of San Francisco this town retains one of the best collections of Iron Fronts, Victorian, Queen Anne and turn of the century homes. The town was fortunately spared the ravages of fire and earthquake that decimated so many Bay Area cities. Petaluma retains a small town personality with great community pride and interaction. It could be a sail-in at the turning basin or the Butter and Eggs Day parade, everybody turns out and lends a hand.
Here is my business partner roping with a 70+ year old ropin' partner. These skills are still used on thousands of acres of cattle and dairy ranches around Petaluma.
- Pros:Mediterranean weather, friendy neighbors, beautiful setting.
- Cons:Pot holes and growth
- In a nutshell:Great place to live. Absolutely.
Petaluma is famous for welcoming new comers and tourists. Heck, we welcome EVERYBODY! Unlike the streets of big cities... more travel advice
scottstevens630's Related Pages
Petaluma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petaluma: Former "Chicken Capital of the World""
- "SONOMA COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE TEAM"
- "Petaluma California - My Home!"
- "Where I grew up!"
- "A Hidden Gem in Northern California"
- "A Lovely Bedroom Community"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petaluma
- Hotels in Petaluma
- Transportation in Petaluma
- Nightlife in Petaluma
- Restaurants in Petaluma
- Shopping in Petaluma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petaluma
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Petaluma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petaluma
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahaina Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.