"Thessaloniki - The bride of Thermaikos Gulf" loislois's Profile
Thesslaoniki (nickname Salonica or Saloniki)
According rich Greek Mythology Thessaloniki was the sister of Alexander the Great.
So Alexander the Great - King of Makedonia funded this city a little more than 2300 years before and gave it the name of her sister.
Today is the second largest city in Greece, after the capitol Athens having POPULATION about 1,5 million people.
It is the major city of MACEDONIA. Macedonia is the North part of Greece.
Please do not missunderstand it to the country in our northern borders which named F.Y.R.O.Macedonia.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 16 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: WHERE WE WILL ENJOY THE BEST..."
- Commented on Bennytheball's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thessaloniki in a nutshell SIGHTSEEING LINE No 50"
- Wrote a Review Thessaloniki in a nutshell SIGHTSEEING LINE No 50 about City Bus Service in Thessaloniki Transportation
- updated a Berlin Travel Page "A REAL CULTURAL CAPITAL"
updated their Profile Page "Thessaloniki - The bride of Thermaikos Gulf"
Top 5 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Prague 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Keukenhof Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Rhodes (Island) 1 review, 5 photos
- Thessaloniki 3 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.