"Gharb" Gharb by mickeyboy07
Gharb Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 68 photos
Gharb is a village located at the westernmost point of Gozo,with a population of just over 1500.It started life as a small hamlet several centuries ago,you can see its ancient roots in the centre of the village were some houses have fine examples of decorated stone balconies.Gharb was created as a parish in 1679,a move which led to the building of the Baroque style parish church.
The village lies in some of Gozo's most scenic countryside,particularly at 'Dbiega' the highest hill on the island.The centre of Gharb is always on the quiet side with a lovely square in front of the church and a local Folk Museum.
- Pros:Nice and peaceful
- Cons:Not too much to see apart from church and museum
- In a nutshell:Nice little village if you want a quiet day
The Parish Church in Gharb is dedicated to the 'Visitation of Our Lady to St.Elizabeth'.Built in Baroque style like so... more travel advice
mickeyboy07's Related Pages
Gharb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santwarju tal-Madonna ta' Pinu"
- "Ta`Pinu Church near Gharb"
- "GHARB - GOZO"
- "Gharb, MT"
- "Sleepy Gharb"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gharb
- Transportation in Gharb
- Restaurants in Gharb
- Warnings and Dangers in Gharb
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gharb
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gharb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gharb
Photos in GharbSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 45 reviews, 186 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 23 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 21 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 21 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 17 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bugibba Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos