"Saint Julians" Saint Julian's by mickeyboy07
Saint Julian's Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 323 photos
The town of Saint Julians is situated north of Sliema and Valletta on the north west coast it consists of the districts of 'Paceville,Ta'Giorni,St.Andrews and Spinola Bay.It is very popular with tourists especially the younger ones due to its numerous bars and nightclubs.The area of Saint Julians has a population of over 7,500 and contains Malta's tallest building the 'Portomaso Tower'.
Up until the late 19th and early 20th century Saint Julians was a very peaceful,coastal town known for its Latin architecture and beautiful greenery surrounding it.Moreover Spinola Bay was characterized by its fishermen and farmers dwelling the countryside.because of fear by attacks by the Muslims,the northern coastal area remained largely undeveloped until 1565.During the French occupation of Malta in 1798 Saint Julians was the first town to be conquered.The town is named after its Patron saint,Saint Julian,who is widely known as the 'Hospitaller'.The town flag is identical to the Belgian flag which has to do with the fact that it is thought that Saint Julian was Belgian.Saint Julians day is celebrated every year on Feb 12th.
- Pros:Great walks along the waterfront,lots of bars,cafes.
- Cons:Can get really busy and the traffic gets bad
- In a nutshell:A town to let your hair down and have some fun
mickeyboy07's Related Pages
Saint Julian's Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St.Julians (in Maltese San Giljan) - My Village !"
- "Saint Julian's"
- "St Julians"
- "My holiday in Saint Julian's"
- "Definitely geared for tourists."
- "Welcome to St. Julian's"
- "Eszter's St. Julian's Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Julian's
- Hotels in Saint Julian's
- Transportation in Saint Julian's
- Nightlife in Saint Julian's
- Restaurants in Saint Julian's
- Shopping in Saint Julian's
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Julian's
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Julian's
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Saint Julian's?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Julian's
Photos in Saint Julian'sSee All Photos (3)
Videos in Saint Julian'sSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 45 reviews, 186 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 23 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 21 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 21 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 17 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bugibba Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos