"Canada's First Capital" Kingston by Highbrae
Kingston Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 393 photos
Kingston is very old by Canadian Standards as the city dates from the 18th century, and some of the buildings are still standing. Most of the downtown is built of Limestone giving the city a very unique look. As the first capital, Kingston felt it had an image to maintain and the old buildings did it proud. Unfortunately, at a time when the Americans were an invasion threat from across Lake Ontario, it didn't make sense to have a capital on the waterfront and so it was moved to Ottawa.
Kingston is a city of festivals and special events. Beginning with FebFest in, when else February, Kingston celebrates all that is winter in Canada, from Figure Skating demonstrations and the oldest rivelry in Ice Hockey on the rink at Market Square to the Buskers Rendezvous in August.
Kingston is recognized around the world as the birthplace of Ice Hockey. Two of Kingston's most respected institutions;... more travel advice
Kingston is built on the water and we seem to have an abundence of it everywhere, however there have been more that a... more travel advice
Highbrae's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston and the 1000 Islands"
- "Canada's First Capital....Kingston"
- "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- "A City Full of History"
- "My Kingston and Wolfe Island page"
- "Canada's First Capital"
- "Deus_ultima's new Kingston Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston
- Hotels in Kingston
- Transportation in Kingston
- Nightlife in Kingston
- Restaurants in Kingston
- Shopping in Kingston
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 14 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Top 10 Pages
- Kingston Intro, 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Picton Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Phoenix 1 review, 4 photos
- Germany 1 review, 2 photos
- Verona 3 reviews
- Virginia 1 review
- The Bahamas 1 review
- Cairo 1 review
No friends yet.