Northwest Territories Off The Beaten Path Tips by vickiv
Northwest Territories Off The Beaten Path: 4 reviews and 4 photos
On the shores of Lac la Martre there were the most awesome huge fossils - put to shame anything else i've seen in Canada (mostly on large boulders).
The fishing here is incredible - if you are a fishing enthusiast the arctic char are plentiful and mostly near trophy size (at least were in late 1970's when i visited here for months)
Watch out for bears etc. though. No motels that i know of. Quite a lot of blackflies in the summer. Avoid fishing in their spring - the fish are tired and thin from the winter.
Lovely hiking in the hills in winter.
More Reviews (1)
vickiv's Related Pages
Northwest Territories Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Diamond Mines of the Arctic: Ek'ati, Diavik etc."
- "Above the 60th parallel"
- "Legislative Assembly"
- "Northern Adventures"
- "The Great White North"
- "the final frontier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northwest Territories
- Hotels in Northwest Territories
- Transportation in Northwest Territories
- Nightlife in Northwest Territories
- Restaurants in Northwest Territories
- Shopping in Northwest Territories
- Warnings and Dangers in Northwest Territories
- See All...
Explore the World
- Muhafazat Musandam Hotels
- Smith Rock State Park Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Munyonyo Hotels
- Muntilan Hotels
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Northwest Territories
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Northwest Territories?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northwest Territories
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.