""Nikko is Nippon"" Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko by dancinbudgie

Nikko Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 895 photos

Guidebook? What Guidebook?

On the way from Tokyo to Nikko we saw the "Nikko is Nippon" advertisement, and were thinking it must be hype..we were wrong. Nikko is everything you have heard and then some! A lot of people see this place as a day trip from Tokyo, but I really don't think that does it justice. We stayed 2 nights and were wishing for more time. Nikko is truly magnificent. The setting alone had me awestruck...so majestic, but the temples and shrines! It was like stepping in to another world. The sheer size of the complex is daunting. We had no idea it was so enormous and had planned on having a quick look in the morning before heading out to Lake Chuzenji. I was crazy to think it could be properly done. We never got to the lake and never missed it!
Most of the 'tips' you will find here are simply photographs...there is not much information to go with them, mostly because I was so lost in the moment that I never once bothered to check the guidebook, but just absorbed it all! It is however, a very visual place to visit...so I think the photo's are self explanatory. I hope you enjoy them!

• Last visit to Nikko: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2008

• septem's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Wonderful pages. Juliana

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2008 at 3:58 PM

It has to be a good page for me to view all the photos behind each main one in the tips. But I did with this page Tracey because I didn't want to miss out seeing your lovely photos. Great page!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Greetings from Canada Tracey !! Love your Nikko page!Wonderful pictures and great tips!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 5:48 PM

nikko is one of the great world heritage sites - so nice to see more images. The monkeys never change. N.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 2:06 AM

Hi Tracey and a (belated) welcome to VT! Nice start to your pages... I look forward to seeing more :-) Greetings from the desert / Jess in Dubai

dancinbudgie

“It's Winter...Get Me Out of Here!”

Badges & Stats in Nikko