""Nikko is Nippon"" Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko by dancinbudgie
Nikko Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 884 photos
On the way from Tokyo to Nikko we saw the "Nikko is Nippon" advertisement, and were thinking it must be hype..we were wrong. Nikko is everything you have heard and then some! A lot of people see this place as a day trip from Tokyo, but I really don't think that does it justice. We stayed 2 nights and were wishing for more time. Nikko is truly magnificent. The setting alone had me awestruck...so majestic, but the temples and shrines! It was like stepping in to another world. The sheer size of the complex is daunting. We had no idea it was so enormous and had planned on having a quick look in the morning before heading out to Lake Chuzenji. I was crazy to think it could be properly done. We never got to the lake and never missed it!
Most of the 'tips' you will find here are simply photographs...there is not much information to go with them, mostly because I was so lost in the moment that I never once bothered to check the guidebook, but just absorbed it all! It is however, a very visual place to visit...so I think the photo's are self explanatory. I hope you enjoy them!
Just inside the entrance to the shrine is the Granite Fountain. There is a painting on its ceiling of a dragon which can... more travel advice
The Yomeimongate is one of the most lavishly decorated that we came across. It is in Tosho-gu shrine, and leads to the... more travel advice
dancinbudgie's Related Pages
Nikko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nikko - UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "The Temples of Nikko"
- ""Nikko is Nippon""
- "History and Nature Tours All in One!"
- "Nikko - A World Heritage Site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nikko
- Hotels in Nikko
- Transportation in Nikko
- Restaurants in Nikko
- Shopping in Nikko
- Warnings and Dangers in Nikko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nikko
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nikko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nikko
- Posted in Travel Chiang Mai Forum "Thai Massage"
- Commented on one of tim_japan's Nikko travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Nikko
- Uploaded a Photo to "Niomon Gate...Taiyuin-byo Shrine"
- Wrote a Review Granite Fountain...Taiyuin-byo Shrine in Nikko Things to Do
- updated a Nikko Travel Page ""Nikko is Nippon""
Videos in NikkoSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos
- Fiji Intro, 13 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Hue Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gold Coast Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Nha Trang Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos