"Vietnam...North to South" Vietnam by dancinbudgie
Vietnam Travel Guide: 12,652 reviews and 31,911 photos
We had the most fabulous time in Vietnam! We started out in Hanoi, then visited Sapa, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Ho Chi Minh City. It is an amazing country...so diverse, it is hard to sum it up. Hanoi was a great place to start...the people were so very friendly and helpful there, and it is such an easy city to navigate. The Old Quarter is simply a joy to wander around in, and there are experiences enough to be had to fill as many days as you can spare. Sapa is a beautiful spot to visit, although it is a little difficult to get to if you don't have too much time...worth it though, especially if you are interested in Hill Tribe cultures. Halong Bay is a must see if you are in the north...don't miss it! Hue was hot hot hot! Almost unbearable...but there was so much to do and see there with the fascinating tombs that the heat is pushed aside. Hoi An is for shopaholics! I loved it and would have stayed much longer if I could have! In Nha Trang you will find a fabulous beach culture...we went diving and snorkelling here, but there is plenty of other stuff to do! Ho Chi Minh is an exciting city...very fast paced and a lot going on everywhere you look.
We prefered the North to the South, but that may well be because we were simply exhausted by the time we got to the south...it was a VERY full holiday!
On this page there are some general tips, but for more specific ones, please see the individual pages. I hope you find something interesting or helpful (or both) here. And if you are planning a trip to Vietnam I know you will have a wonderful tiome there no matter where you go or what you do!
It doesn't matter which city you go to in Vietnam, you will find markets. There are indoor markets, outdoor markets, big... more travel advice
We heard terrible things about cyclo drivers in the South, and our hotel handed out a flyer which warned about making... more travel advice
dancinbudgie's Related Pages
Vietnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- "Tampa_Shawn Visits Vietnam"
- "Count your Dong in Vietnam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vietnam
- Hotels in Vietnam
- Transportation in Vietnam
- Nightlife in Vietnam
- Restaurants in Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vietnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vietnam
- 56 Reviews
- 245 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vietnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietnam
Top 10 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos
- Fiji Intro, 13 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Hue Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gold Coast Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nikko Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Nha Trang Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos