"Bled - Slovenia" Bled by pure1942

Bled Travel Guide: 766 reviews and 1,826 photos

Picture Perfect

Bled seems too good to be true. Where else in the world do you get a beautiful green lake, with an overhanging castle and tiny island church all surrounded by a backdrop of stunning snow-capped mountains? The place is no longer a hidden gem, with tourists flocking to the lake in their droves especially during the summer but it is understandable why so many people want to come to view the spectacular setting first-hand. I had seen many pictures of Bled but none have accurately portrayed the natural beauty of the place as well as seeing it first hand.

My first day in Bled was slightly disappointing as I only got a few hours of clear visibility, before a heavy snow storm blew down from the Julian Alps and by the time I got to the castle I had zero visibility from the castle out over the lake. However, this was all made up for the next morning when I woke at 6.30 to be greeted b y clear blue skies and a wintery landscape which I had all to myself as nobody else seemed to have risen. Making straight for the lake I got the view I had wished for.

• Last visit to Bled: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2008

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM

an interesting page about a place I plan to visit in the next summer !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Brian, fabulous start and very well written accomodation tip. A pity you were so unlucky with these noisy teenagers.

pure1942

“See The World From A Different Angle”

Badges & Stats in Bled