"Cartaya - Huelva's baby brother" Cartaya by pure1942
Cartaya Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 28 photos
Cartaya doesn't feature on many people's itinerary when travelling to Andalucia. To be honest it probably wouldn't have featured on mine only I was there as part of a school twinning trip with a primary school in Cartaya.
As this was to be my first trip to Spain I was really looking forward to it and wasn't dissapointed.
What made the trip even more enjoyable was the fact we were there as guests of local spanish teachers who made every effort to show us the sights in and around Huelva including a trip to El Roccio during the huge annual pilgrimage to the village.
Cartaya is located just west of Huelva and close to the Portuguese border. Cartaya is blessed with beautiful beaches of white sand. The area is reknowned for it's amazing seafood and great seafood restaurants litter the town, especially near the sea front.
A huge amount of the surrounding countryside and sea front are part of a huge nature reserve.
Cartaya's town square is lovely for a stroll with it's town square especially worth a look with it's unusual thatched-roof church and regionally styled town hall.
The area is a nice place to hang out on a sunny afternoon. There is a small bar in the square with outdoor seating.
Cartaya is a quiet town overshadowed by the much larger city of Huelva just a few miles up the road but it benefits from it's abscurity. The town is relaxed and laid back in contrast to the bigger cities of Andalucia.
However the town doesn't have the amenities or attractions to qualify it as a week long destination spot but is nice for a few hours if staying in or around Huelva. However Cartaya is a great destination for golf fans with the magnificent golf courses at El Rompido Golf Resort.
While on a school twinning project in Cartaya, Andalucia, we were lucky enough to stay at the El Rompido Golf Resort. We... more travel advice
pure1942's Related Pages
Cartaya Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cartaya
- Hotels in Cartaya
- Nightlife in Cartaya
- Restaurants in Cartaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Cartaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cartaya
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Cartaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cartaya
Photos in CartayaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 71 reviews, 182 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mostar Intro, 46 reviews, 135 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik Intro, 58 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 37 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 36 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kotor Intro, 36 reviews, 99 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 78 photos