"Canoa Quebrada - Ceara" Top 5 Page for this destination Canoa Quebrada by pure1942
Canoa Quebrada Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 91 photos
Ceara in North-East Brazil is quickly developing itself as a popular travel destination and its beautiful clean beaches are its main attraction.
Canoa Quebrada (Broken Canoe) is one of the most popular beaches in the North East and its mix of laid back peace and night time party atmosphere make it a good choice for people looking for sun, beach, night life, good food and stunning scenery.
Located south of Fortaleza, Canoa Quebrada is popular with both foreigners and Brazilians who head here to enjoy the nightlife and beach, especially at the weekends.
The beach is the main draw and the clean white sands stretch for miles along the coast banked by high red sand cliffs which have become the ultimate symbol of Canoa Quebrada. The area is surrounded by beautiful countryside which can be explored by beach buggies. The buggies take you over the sand dunes and across the rugged landscape around Canoa Quebrada.
The beach at Canoa Qebrada is where to go when the bars get quiet and at the weekends there are regular beach parties where you can watch the sun rise to the sounds of reggae music pumping from the Freedom Bar which only closes when the sun has risen. Canoa Quebrada is a place where you can stay out all night and all day with plaenty of bars and restaurants lining the main pedestrian street and beach parties taking over during the early hours of the morning.
Canoa Quebrada is similar in ways to Jericoacoara, further north along the coast of Ceara, but is not as secluded or as difficult to reach. Canoa Quebrada has regular connections to Fortaleza via Aracati and unlike Jeri is connected to the main electricity grid. The atmosphere is a bit more lively and doesn't have the same other-worldly feeling that you get from Jericoacoara. The cobblestone streets and narrow alleys give Canoa Quebrada a different atmosphere to the sandy streets of Jeri. For me it just wasn't as special but was still very much worth a visit. The beach is beautiful, the scenery stunning and the restaurants and bars offer excellent choice and value.
Broadway is the main street in Canoa Quebrada where most of the restaurants, shops, bars and clubs are located. During... more travel advice
The beach is the centre piece of Canoa Quebrada. The unspoilt, clean beach is one the North East's finest beaches and... more travel advice
pure1942's Related Pages
Canoa Quebrada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canoa Quebrada: THE PLACE"
- "The gringo beach"
- "Canoa Quebrada"
- "Canoa Quebrada - Ceara"
- "Canoa Quebrada - Gorgeous Beaches and Sand Dunes !"
- "once upon a time...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canoa Quebrada
- Hotels in Canoa Quebrada
- Nightlife in Canoa Quebrada
- Restaurants in Canoa Quebrada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canoa Quebrada
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Canoa Quebrada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canoa Quebrada
Photos in Canoa QuebradaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 71 reviews, 182 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mostar Intro, 46 reviews, 135 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik Intro, 58 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucerne Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 37 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 36 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kotor Intro, 36 reviews, 99 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 49 reviews, 78 photos