"cobrioc's new Las Vegas Page" Las Vegas by cobrioc
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,460 reviews and 17,447 photos
Las Vegas, once an oasis en route to California, began as a Mormon settlemen during the silver rush of the 1700s.It was revived by ranching in the 1800s.
With the arrival of the Union Pacific Railroad in 1905, bars, gambling houses and other business sprouted in the downtown area.In 1931, during the Great depression, a stampede of unemployed arrival in Las Vegas to work in the constructioc of Hoover Dam,on the nearby Colorado River.the hydroelectic marvel that finished in 1936 now the neon sign for which the city is famous.
That same year, state legislators allowed legalized gambling in Las Vegas.Immediately, casinos and hotels.
After World War II, huge resort/hotels began rasing higher and higher on the strip and came world-class entertainment.
VALLEY OF FIRE STATE PARK Nevada's oldest State Park. It is located north east of Las Vegas.Only 50 mile northeast of... more travel advice
4455... Nightlife (1)
Baby's at Hard Rock Hotel 4455 Paradise Rd. Las Vegas Wednesday 80' music. Thursday thru Saturday Techno music. more travel advice
- If you're attempting to avoid...
- Many Vegas taxi drivers are...
- Besides all of the gambling,...
cobrioc's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum ""
- Wrote a Review VALLEY OF FIRE STATE... about Valley of Fire State Park in Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- created a Las Vegas Travel Page "cobrioc's new Las Vegas Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "cobrioc's new Las Vegas Page"
- Commented on one of Kodi01's Las Vegas travel pages
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 108 reviews, 174 photos, 6 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 54 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 47 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 37 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 37 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pecs Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Orlando Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Destin Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue