Miami Things to Do Tips by cobrioc Top 5 Page for this destination
Miami Things to Do: 308 reviews and 568 photos
There are undeniably stunning gardens, complete with beautiful fountains. Out back ,
a stone gondola in the center of the docking
area acts as a breakwater , and there's a charming gazebo. Several narrow trails run through the grounds as well.
This opulent palace was built in 1916 by James Deering. It's an Italian Renaisance-syle vila used the setting for the splendid dinner party in Ace Venturic: Pet Detective and filed with 15th century furniture and decorative arts.
Address: 3251 S Miami Ave.
Port of Miami
Miami is the cruise capital of the world, and when the monstrous liners are docked at the Port of Miami waiting to fill up the people, it's
a pretty amazing sight.
Metrozoo has a sprawling natural habitat
with 900 animals from more than 200
species, including koalas and pair of Komodo dragons!
Address: 12400 SW 152nd St.
Directions: Take Florida's Turnpike to the Metrozoo exit at SW 152nd St.
Miami's downtown skyline is considered one of the nation's most beautiful, or at least
Most of the streets are lined with shops
selling electronics, laggague and clothing to Latin American visitors, and the place dies very quickly after 5pm, when office towers disgorge their yuppies.
Coral Gables City Hall
Coral Gables is a lovely, if pricey, city that exudes opulence and comfort.
George Merrick designed the city to be a
model suburb , with a decidedly mediterranean theme , huge gateways , and wide , tree-lined streets.
The museum is a wonderful surprise, directly behind the Miami beach Public Library, west of Collins Park.
The star of the show here is the tapestry collection, to which the paintings play a definitre second fiddle.
Address: 2121 Park Ave.
At 600 Biscayne Blv, Freedom Tower is famous for being the Ellis Island of the south.
Biscayne Bay near the entrances to the Port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace.
The Brickell Avenue Bridge, which crosses the Miami River south of downtown.
17 foot bronze statue by Cuban born sculptor Manuel Carbonell of a Tequesta warrior and his family atop the towering Pillar of History column , at the center of the bridge's east side.
Directions: From downtown take NE 2nd Ave before the bridge and then becomes Brickell Avenue, lined with the office towers and hotels.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Miami
- See All Downtown Miami
- You're being ripped off..
- South Miami Beach, the...
- Club Dence, it was selected by...
cobrioc's Related Pages
Miami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNdER CONSTRUCTION - CHECK BACK LATER"
- "Miami - Escape from Winter Weather"
- "miami florida"
- "cobrioc's Miami Beach Florida Page"
- "MIAMI: ALWAYS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
- "M I A M I"
- "Best city in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami
- Hotels in Miami
- Transportation in Miami
- Nightlife in Miami
- Restaurants in Miami
- Shopping in Miami
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami
- 37 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Miami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 108 reviews, 174 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary Intro, 54 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 47 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 37 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 37 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pecs Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Orlando Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Destin Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bayside Market Place- 22 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Vizcaya Mansion- 18 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Seaquarium- 14 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Florida Keys- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Little Habana- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Down Town- 21 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Coconut Grove- 7 Reviews, 6 Photos
- The Everglades- 14 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Metro Zoo- 12 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Art Deco- 14 Reviews, 29 Photos
See All Miami Things to Do