""Calvinist Rome" D E B RE C E N" Top 5 Page for this destination Debrecen by cobrioc
Debrecen Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 173 photos
Debrecen is situated on the southwestern extremity of the sandy plain of the Nyirseg region and on the eastern end of the Hortobagy puszta (steppe). It has a long history as a market centre and as a religious, political, and cultural arena. Chartered in the 14th century, it became prominent during and after the Turkish period of occupation.
The Debrecen fairs, noted for horses and livestock, were a famous feature of the Middle Ages, and the city became one of the richest and most influential Hungarian cities.
Hortobágy is more renowned for its herdsmen than for its natural beauty. The herdsmen are the symbol of the 'puszta',... more travel advice
Hortobágy ranges from the edge of the Hajdúság to the Tisza River; it is a saliferous, grassy desert of 115 kms2. In... more travel advice
- See All Thermal Spa
- See All How to reach the University in Debren
- See All The speed...
- Big Church
cobrioc's Related Pages
Debrecen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Debrecen months"
- "My place of study"
- ""Calvinist Rome" D E B RE C E N"
- "A pure Calvinist experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Debrecen
- Hotels in Debrecen
- Transportation in Debrecen
- Nightlife in Debrecen
- Restaurants in Debrecen
- Shopping in Debrecen
- Warnings and Dangers in Debrecen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Debrecen
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Debrecen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Debrecen
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 108 reviews, 174 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary Intro, 54 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 47 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 37 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 37 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pecs Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Orlando Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 37 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Destin Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue