"Capoeira, dancing, beaches, culture, & Love" Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador by Julissa2007
Salvador Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 192 photos
Cobble stones streets, Breathtaking sunsets, mouthwatering treats, warm ocean mist ,art, music, culture, and harsh reality. A depot where the past meets the present. And there seems to be a holiday being celebrated just about everyday of the week in Salvador. Pack light, but do bring a large appetite for one of the most memorable cultural experiences one may savour.
Beaches during the week will be replenishing. Brief strolls, local goods shopping, and savory treats. On a Sunday afternoon, bask under the warm glowing sunset, while sipping a chilled beverage, shaking your "bunda" (rear end), and stomping your "Havaianas" (flipflops), to live Samba music with the locals.
Bahia is home to Capoiera. As your days start speeding by during your visit you'll notice that, every other person is sporting these athletic uniform with the name of a group, or carrying a Berimbau, gathering in circles beating a tamberine or drum, moving rhythmically and singing and if you get a chance to peep within the circle you'll discover ... CAPOIERA!
- Pros:A once in a lifetime experience. The people, their culture, music, and surrounding will embrace you.
- Cons:Banks, Making calls, frequent theft and pickpockets, Beware of cute kids on the streets. Cold showers. Toilets. Wait a long time for EVERYTHING. Don't *** off police carry ID
- In a nutshell:Bahia more Holidays, than days
If you are looking for a little lux city flat, w. security, an attentive owner who knows Bahia, a decent price, within... more travel advice
Bahia is home to Capoeira. As your days start speeding by during your visit you'll notice that, every other person is... more travel advice
Salvador Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salvador da Bahia"
- "Bahia...The Friendliest Place on Earth"
- "Capoeira, dancing, beaches, culture, & Love"
- "Rich Afro-Brazil Culture of Salvador"
- "Salvador, city of all saints and sinful carnaval"
- "Coracao do Brasil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salvador
- Hotels in Salvador
- Transportation in Salvador
- Nightlife in Salvador
- Restaurants in Salvador
- Shopping in Salvador
- Warnings and Dangers in Salvador
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salvador
- 7 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Salvador?Share Your Travels