"s3's Barbados" Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados by stiab3

Barbados Travel Guide: 1,267 reviews and 2,603 photos

It's about time!

Warning - This'll be another hospital project!

After much contemplation, I have decided to do a Barbados page. Because I am originally from Barbados, I've put off doing one cause I might be a bit biased. And I don't think a biased page is much use to travellers.

So I'll take my time and do this one slowly so as to give as objective a view as possible.

The not so usual bits

I've seen most of Barbados.

When I was a teenager, I was in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and as a group we walked the length and breadth of the island.

Been down in the gullies and in some of the caves.

And it's these lesser known bits that I miss the most!

Barbados National Trust

I also used to work and volunteer with the Barbados National Trust. So I know some of the properties they manage on the island.

Places like Andromeda Gardens, Welchman Hall Gully, Gun Hill, Morgan Lewis Mil, Tyrol Cot.

• Pros:Friendly people, lovely climate
  • Cons:Maybe a bit expensive
  • In a nutshell:A great place!
  • Last visit to Barbados: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2006

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Don't be afraid to post about your own country, as I always say, locals know best. I understand how you might feel it's biased, but that's not the case with me. To me it's no different than posting about another country. Just post the truth, and you would for anywhere else, and you will be fine. I rarely post about my own country as well, but for a different reason. It's just not as interesting as posting about someone else's country.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Nice photos. Gillybob greetings

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2008 at 7:28 PM

great tips!

• Jul 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM

cobbler needles are projected from the sea urchin when you get too close to them. special hot wax can be dripped to remove, but they are painful!

• 7inMandingo's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 6:47 AM

: You said 3rd oldest... the PM says 2nd oldest... what gives?? europarl.europa.eu/news/expe...

• Tallee's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Barrancoid is an era..S/B came from Venzuela from the Orinoco Valley. Pedros Campos named the island "Os Barbados" or "The Bearded Ones" referring to the look of the fig trees!

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 7:00 AM

Hello. Great travel page! Very interesting tips and photos! Greetings from Poland!

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 3:12 AM

Barbados looks gorgeous - still on my list to visit!

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 4:42 PM

More, more, more tips and pics please Shaunette!! I need them for my forthcoming visit in March! Thanks, Marion x.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 10:19 AM

hey, happy birthday to you

stiab3 Was Born Here!

stiab3

“Cover the earth before it covers you!”

Badges & Stats in Barbados

Have you been to Barbados?

Latest Activity in Barbados