"these feet are made for walking" interjambo's Profile

i live and work in sunny edinburgh, in my opinion the best wee city on earth. iam a self employed taxi driver, iam not married and dont have any kids unfortunately so i have plenty of time to travel the world and experience all the different cultures of the world. my favourite pastime is watching football matches or as some people would wrongly call it "soccer". can i just add that since we invented football and named it football first that is what it should be known as, other countries call some sports football too however if you actually watch these sports they play the game with their hands a good example of this is american "football" which should in fact be called american handball for obvious reasons, deep breath, new paragraph ha ha, anyway this world of ours is small so i wonder if any of us have actually met on our travels.

european football travels

i follow the football team hearts, from edinburgh all over europe, some of the places ive seen them are athens(pictured),prague, madrid, rotterdam, basle,to name a few ive also watched them the length and breadth of britain. to indulge my passion further i also go regularly to watch manchester united, inter milan, bayern munich,and more easyjet do really cheap return flights for example £40 for milan or £47 for munich.

inter milan v napoli 2-1 home win

the san siro milan a cathederal for football lovers and home to my favourite italian team, forza inter, tiamo.

manchester uniteds old trafford what can you say?

manchester is where my brother, mother, and grandfather were born my grandad is a blue though, shame on him. my last game was monday against fulham good game but we broke down on the drive home.

allianz arena munich

possibly the best stadium ive been to although the most atmospheric stadium is tynecastle home to heart of midlothian f c, especially when the "weegies" come to town weegies are peple from scotlands second city, glasgow, the weegies dont like coming to the capital though!

inside the allianz

great in every way a proper football stadium,and very very original.

basle 2004

well behaved jambos(hearts supporters) before k o.

culture

me taking in the sights before the sparta prague v hearts match, 0 0 draw but we easily out sung the home support so much so that the sparta players came over and applauded our supporters. it is always the case that whether it be our national team or our domestic league teams we take an incredible support with us.

• Intro Updated Dec 6, 2007

• namiewa's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 5:44 AM

Thank you Ian for dropin' by and adding me. You have a very interesting page as i read yah follow ur fav. football team..am gon check later more of ur tips and infos. FOOTBALL rocks hey?.good introduction yah have here..keep it up....friend Namie

• Irina80's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 7:51 AM

OMG, Ian! You will never ever get me on the plane to sky dive, this is like one of my biggest most terrible childhood nightmares:) (i'm on top of the rocky cliff barely holding on with my hands and slipping, slipping, aaaaahhh)...brrrr:)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 3:33 AM

Hi Ian! I'm all for Scottish sports... I was just repeating what John always tells me. I guess he was just referring to the most popular world sports (not curling and squash) Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• canadian_chika's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2007 at 5:21 PM

hello =)

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Happy Birthday, Ian! Hope you have a fantastic day!

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Happy Birthday from Mike and Shelley in sunny "Barking Town" - Woof, woof ! - Have a great day !

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
interjambo's Profile Photo

interjambo

“there are no strangers, only aquaintences we've just not met!”

Real Name