"Waikiki - Number one attraction!" Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu by csordila
Honolulu Travel Guide: 2,004 reviews and 4,783 photos
Have you ever seen such kind of Harley outside the USA?
Waikiki is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It’s also one of the most expensive in which to stay and dine. Sightseeing, however, needn’t use all your travel funds. There are a number of free things to do in and around the area.
Fine days we were having, however, Waikiki beach is rather narrow, and the sand is coarse. For some distance into the ocean the water is quite shallow, although there are numerous rocks on the bottom, so you should watch where you put your feet.
The climate is almost perfect. In fact Hawaiians have no known word in their own language for weather. It is almost constant throughout the year. Daily temperatures rarely rise or fall below 78 degrees (24 C) day and night. Although situated so near to the Equator the almost constant trade winds keep you cool.
Waikiki Beach which is not else than a two miles long narrow coast fronted by hotels and the Kapiolani Park, was introduced to the world when its first hotel, the Moana Surfrider was built on its shores in 1901. It is usually crowded with tourists from dawn to dusk, but is a very nice area where you can spend your time with a lot of nice activities - swimming, sailing, shopping, sun-bathing, drinking, eating, walking, and so on...
Most of the people come here for the same reasons as always: to soak up the tropical sunshine, to splash around in the surf, and to engage in that unique Waikiki tradition — the famous outrigger canoe ride.
It’s also about surfing – long boards, short boards, boogie boards whether you participate or just watch – it’s great!
- Pros:Fine wheather, friendly people
- In a nutshell:Unfortunately Hawaii is too far from Europe!!
The beach at Waikiki has something iwonderful with the Hard Rock Cafe, it has good atmosphere (Diamond Head and the... more travel advice
Never leaves any value in your car. Thieves are watching for tourists-cars and are waiting until they are out of sight... more travel advice
- See All Hauoli Makahiki Hou - Happy New Year
- See All Security regulations in Pearl Harbor...
- See All Jet lag, or there is a morning in the...
- The flea market
csordila's Related Pages
Honolulu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Honolulu"
- "Home Away From Home"
- "THE REAL HAWAII IS HONOLULU"
- "Waikiki - Number one attraction!"
- "December 7 1941, A Date That Will Live In Infamy."
- "The family in Hawaii for 6 months"
- "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Honolulu
- Hotels in Honolulu
- Transportation in Honolulu
- Nightlife in Honolulu
- Restaurants in Honolulu
- Shopping in Honolulu
- Warnings and Dangers in Honolulu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Honolulu
- 29 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Honolulu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Honolulu
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos