"Deutschland - Germany" Germany by csordila
Germany Travel Guide: 57,827 reviews and 172,140 photos
it is the most photographed building in Germany and is one of Germany's most popular tourist destination.
The Battle of the Nations Monument/Völkerschlachtdenkmal was opened in 1913 after 15 years of construction, this 300.000t weighing memorial commemorates the centenary of the victory of the 300 thousand allied warriors of Prussian, Austrian, Russian and Swedish armies in Battle of Leipzig over the armies of Napoléon.
Napoleon marched the remains of his Army back to France, but his image of an invincible General had gone forever.
500 steps lead up to the observation platform at a height of 91 meters giving a view across the city of Leipzig and its surroundings.
The Neckar River leaves its picturesque valley at the region where the romantic town Heidelberg lies before joining the Rhine River at Mannheim.
The old town of Heidelberg, home to one of Europe's oldest educational institutes, the Ruprecht Karls University, located at the southern side of the Neckar where Goethe, Hölderlin, Hegel and Brentano used to walk and admire the breathtaking view of the Old City, the castle and the mountain „Königstuhl“
- In a nutshell:I have visited Germany mostly from business purposes!!!!
Hitler has pmissed for the Germans a Big Realm!!! But Hungary wanted the same thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!! more travel advice
The Mosel valley bridge carries the Bundesautobahn 61 over the Moselle River seen from the vantage point at the... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 16 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos