"Deutschland - Germany" Germany by csordila

Germany Travel Guide: 57,022 reviews and 168,473 photos

Most photographed building of Germany

Although photography of the interior is not permitted,
it is the most photographed building in Germany and is one of Germany's most popular tourist destination.

The largest memorial in Europe

The Battle of the Nations Monument/Völkerschlachtdenkmal was opened in 1913 after 15 years of construction, this 300.000t weighing memorial commemorates the centenary of the victory of the 300 thousand allied warriors of Prussian, Austrian, Russian and Swedish armies in Battle of Leipzig over the armies of Napoléon.
Napoleon marched the remains of his Army back to France, but his image of an invincible General had gone forever.
500 steps lead up to the observation platform at a height of 91 meters giving a view across the city of Leipzig and its surroundings.

Home to one of Europe's oldest University

The Neckar River leaves its picturesque valley at the region where the romantic town Heidelberg lies before joining the Rhine River at Mannheim.

The old town of Heidelberg, home to one of Europe's oldest educational institutes, the Ruprecht Karls University, located at the southern side of the Neckar where Goethe, Hölderlin, Hegel and Brentano used to walk and admire the breathtaking view of the Old City, the castle and the mountain „Königstuhl“
www.heidelberg.de

• In a nutshell:I have visited Germany mostly from business purposes!!!!
  • Last visit to Germany: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2012

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hello, Laszlo! Oh, yes, so many sights in Germany! I wish I could pay more visits there... ><><><

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yes I too marvel at the bridge...Long long ago since I was in Germany.
    Marg

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Great photo of the bridge! We were amazed when we saw those big bridge's this year as we have nothing like it in Australia. The "Monument to the Battle of the Nations" is huge, would like to see that too! We celebrate the Oktoberfest in Brisbane and around Australia.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM

The Mosel valley bridge is fantastic, I would be scared to death to drive across it, but then I could just close my eyes as long as I was not the one driving..lol. I am so impressed with The Battle of the Nations Monument! It is awesome. Excellent page!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Great that you went to Leipzig in 1973. I was there once in the 1960s, but don't remember much about it. I often go to Mainz, but never knew that the Archbishop gave Gutenberg 2000 liters of wine every year. I expect he didn't drink it all himself!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 6:03 AM

Would love to visit Germany during the Oktoberfest some year. You are lucky to travel so much for your work!

csordila Visits Here Frequently!

csordila

“I won't tell the story the way it happened, I'll tell it the way I remember it.”

Badges & Stats in Germany

Have you been to Germany?

Latest Activity in Germany