"Home of the famous medieval Count Máté Csák" Top 5 Page for this destination Trencin by csordila
Trencin Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 201 photos
The Kingdom in the Middle Age had also slovakian King named John Zapolya.
Trencsén, one of the oldest and most beautiful cities, is located in the valley of the mighty River Vág in the Northwestern part of Slovakia of today.
The city originaly was a market settlement beneath the castle, but had got several privileges in the late 14th century such as Free Royal City.
Novadays in the colorful centre, known as Mierové námestie/Peace Square, you can see the central baroque Column of the Holy Trinity, a lot of outdoor cafés, restaurants, old churches and nice domestic houses.
The city is dominated by a majestic castle , which is one of the largest in the country.
The Castle was built in the 11th century on the site of a Moravian fort and was the seat of the Hungarian regional Royal authorities. It acquired its characteristic silhouette in the 13th century, during the reign of Máté Csák, known as the “Lord of the Vág and Tátra”.
Trencsén museum utilises the interiors for its exhibitions of Regional and focal history, historical furniture, weapons, paintings and other pieces of art, a permanent gallery and archeologic collections and findings. The courtyard and buildings of the lower castle can be explored at your leisure but the upper castle may be visited only on guided tour.
- In a nutshell:Free Royal City
The Csejte Castle - in Slovakian Cachticky hrad - is a castle ruin not far from city of Trencsén. According the Guinness... more travel advice
Trencin. From the direction of Bratislava - Motorway E75 / D1 towards Zilina - Nitra - Senec, - Continue to the exit... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Trencin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trencin - small old town, huge castle"
- "Trencin Castle"
- "Home of the famous medieval Count Máté Csák"
- "Welcome to TRENCIN (TRENTSCHIN)"
- "The Historical Trencin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trencin
- Hotels in Trencin
- Transportation in Trencin
- Nightlife in Trencin
- Restaurants in Trencin
- Warnings and Dangers in Trencin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trencin
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Trencin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trencin
Photos in TrencinSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos