"Holland's Finest Beach - Noordwijk Aan Zee" Top 5 Page for this destination Noordwijk aan Zee by csordila
Noordwijk aan Zee Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 228 photos
But for me as a central-european it was a little funny, that the sun does not want to set in the near of midnight. %
Coastal resort Noordwijk Aan Zee is a part of the city of Nordwijk on the coastal area, in the heart of the Dutch bulb fields that are on blooming season each spring.
It was founded around 1200 as a fishing village. Nowadays with its long sandy beaches it is a popular resort where the tourism industry is the primary business instead of fishing.
The nearby Keukenhof Gardens are famous for their extensive displays of flowers. Excursions that are ideal for everybody include a trip to Space Expo, the largest permanent European space exhibition, and the Ford Museum, with the largest collection of Ford vehicles in the world.
The town is approx. 35 km from Amsterdam far away and it can be reached very well by car, but the public transportation is also good.
After the first world war many poorly-fed hungarian children, among them also my father, were invited by dutch families. He spent several years at a warm-hearted family on a farm near Groningen. When he returned, told unforgettable fairy tales from the country of tulip fields, the windmills, the fishing boats, the clogs and from the wonderful milk, cheese and chocolate. He forgot the Dutch language soon, but the prayer Paternoster/Onzevader never!
In the late eighties I was asked by a hungarian firm; whether it would be worth, to buy a pricey machinery from a dutch company; at that time I suddenly remembered to father's long forgotten debt, and said yes.
With the owner, who lived in Noordwijkerhout, we became friends and spent many pleasant years together both in Noordwijkerhout and in Budapest. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us since years. I miss him very much. more
- In a nutshell:I used to work for Hary Houben's TBMA in Noordwijkerhout.
In Dutch homes the simple, substantial meals are the favorite such as potatoes (hutspot or stamppot), fresh vegetables,... more travel advice
If you want only to sleep somewhere, look for plates which say "Zimmers, Rooms, Kamers. Lots of people rent part of... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Noordwijk aan Zee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holland's Finest Beach - Noordwijk Aan Zee"
- "Welcome to Noordwijk aan Zee"
- "Great Beach. Great nightlife"
- "Seaside Resort Noordwijk"
- "Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland"
- "Noordwijk aan Zee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Hotels in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Transportation in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Nightlife in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Restaurants in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Shopping in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Warnings and Dangers in Noordwijk aan Zee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Noordwijk aan Zee
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Noordwijk aan Zee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Noordwijk aan Zee
Photos in Noordwijk aan ZeeSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos