Budapest Favorite Tips by csordila
Budapest Favorites: 517 reviews and 829 photos
In the Presence of Gods.- Parthenon in Greece
Favorite thing: The Smithsonian Magazine January 2008 came up with an exclusive list of 28 places in 7 categories, the Smithsonian reader might wish to visit before ...it's too late.
I have been to 7 of the 28 places of Smithsonian's Life List:
Feats of Engineering : – Pyramids of Giza near Cairo
A Matter of Timing: – Iguazu Falls by the light of a full moon in Argentina and Brazil
Triumphs of Vision: – The Louvre in Paris and – Uffizi Gallery in Florence
Scale New Heights: – Grand Canyon in Arizona
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?: – Venice in Italy
In the Presence of Gods: – Parthenon in Greece
Unfortunately, in 1 categorie, Portals into the Past, Mesa Verde – Pompeii – Tikal – Petra.
do not have any experiences, but I never forget, that experience is the name we give to our mistakes.
Favorite thing: Luxurious Art Nouveau Hotel in Gresham palace is one of the most beautiful hotels in Budapest.
The building was built in an Art Nouveau style during the early 1900s.
The site was designed by a local architect called Zsigmond Quittner for Gresham Life Assurance Company (a company from London that decided to open an office here).
This is one of the most luxurious hotels in Budapest , located just in the middle , close to the chain bridge (on Roosvelt square) and with a splendid view over Buda castle and the Danube.
There are 179 rooms in this hotel, the Price is most expensive!
Fondest memory: Great view , Very luxurious
My home country
Favorite thing: After years of delay and controversy, reconstruction at the World Trade Center site is now well underway. Both One and Four World Trade Center are on track for completion and occupancy by 2013. The 9/11 memorial is complete, with the museum set to open in 2012. Two and Three World Trade Center, as well as the Transportation Hub, are also making progress, set to be finished before 2015.
Favorite thing: Have you ever heard that New York City has ten historic sister cities? If yes then you surely know, the Sister City Program of the City of New York was restructured and renamed New York City Global Partners, Inc. in 2006 with the aim of expanding the City’s interaction with foreign cities while maintaining its historic ten sister city relationships.
More Reviews (29)
- See All A walk in the Parliament
- See All Recommended by Michelin
- See All Town of Churches - Szentendre
- See All Budapest "Liszt Ferenc" International...
csordila's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bristen Hotels
- Fatehpur Sikri Hotels
- Idaho City Hotels
- Mesquite Hotels
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 34 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 122 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (68)
Latest Budapest hotel reviews
- Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 9, 2013
- Evergreen Guest Rooms
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Aventura Hostel
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Strawberry Hostel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hunguest Hotel Rege
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 28, 2013
- Nepliget Hotel Epitok Sport Centrum
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Baross Hotel
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Victor Apartment Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 15, 2009
- Martos Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2012
- Ibis Budapest Vaci Ut
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- Mellow Mood Central Hostel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 6, 2010
- Broadway Hostel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Museum Guest House
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Buda Castle - Budavar- 257 Reviews, 525 Photos
- Fisherman Bastion - Halaszbastya- 161 Reviews, 323 Photos
- Market Hall - Grand Market Hall - Nagyvasarcsarnok- 45 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Szechenyi Bath - Szechenyi furdo- 58 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Parliament - Orszaghaz- 160 Reviews, 316 Photos
- St. Stephen's Basilica - Szent Istvan Bazilika- 129 Reviews, 297 Photos
- Heroes' Square - Hosok tere- 129 Reviews, 278 Photos
- Gellert Hill - Gellert Hegy - Citadella- 102 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Mathias Church - Mátyás-templom- 102 Reviews, 207 Photos
- House of Terror Museum - Terror Haza Muzeum- 30 Reviews, 55 Photos
See All Budapest Things to Do