"The Queen of the Southern Shore" Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok by csordila
Siofok Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 170 photos
I believe that the original intention of our architecture was to create an architectural connection between the sky and the earth, a connection which enlightens an expresses man's movement and position, to create a magic, weaving an invisible spell on its surroundings.
The capital of the Hungarian sea undoubtedly Siófok, with his enormous discotheques, attracts thousands of young people every summer with its musical clubs in the Balaton coast.
Nowadays Siofok is one of the richest locations in Hungary, due to tourism.
The popular resort town is a cultural and touristic centre and has 15 kms of beach and a port.
The city's famous son, Imre Kálmán,the wellknown Hungarian composer, his birthplace today memorial museum. In memoriam of the composer summer operett galas are directed weekly here through two months every year.
- In a nutshell:The Queen of Southern Shore
Imre Makovecz - Ybl Prize winner architect using the traditions of folk architecture with the most modern gadgets... more travel advice
csordila's Related Pages
Siofok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of the Lake Balaton"
- "BALATON LAKE"
- "The Queen of the Southern Shore"
- "A Tourist Resort near Lake Balaton"
- "Siofok -- South shore of Lake Balaton"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siofok
- Hotels in Siofok
- Transportation in Siofok
- Nightlife in Siofok
- Restaurants in Siofok
- Shopping in Siofok
- Warnings and Dangers in Siofok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siofok
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Siofok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siofok
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 32 reviews, 115 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 89 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 19 reviews, 94 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos